07. i say nothing i was just thinking

" SIBLING CODE "

<3

"So, are you going to tell me when you left during the tea?" Charlie asked, laying down on Belly's bed as Belly rummaged through her closet.

"About that," Belly trailed off, "I have a date." she smiled sheepishly.

"Oh my god, Bells!" Charlie squealed, jumping off the bed and hugging Belly. "I'm so happy for you!"

Charlie pulled them down to the bed, "Tell me everything." Belly smile widened as she told Charlie everything that had led up to this moment.

By the end, the two of them were giggling so hard that they fell down onto the floor.

"Wait a minute." Charlie said, sitting up and looking back at Belly, "We need to find you an outfit." Belly nodded, and the two went searching through Belly's clothes for her perfect first date outfit.

After a few minutes of searching, they couldn't find a good outfit. "Should we try your stuff?" Belly suggested.

"I mean, I guess we could." The girls moved to Charlie's room, passing Susannah along the way.

"Hey, girls. What are you up to?" Charlie looked to Belly to see if she wanted Susannah to know, and she nodded enthusiastically.

"Belly, here, has a date." Susannah's reaction was much like her daughters. She had asked for every detail and rejoiced at the invitation to help her get ready.

The three of them were in Susannah's room, Charlie working on Belly's makeup while Susannah brushed her long hair.

They had finally found a cute crochet top and jean shorts for Belly's outfit. She was changing inside the bathroom as Charlie chatted with her mom.

"Hey, how about you sweetie? See any cute guys so far?" Susannah asked.

"Not yet, mom." Charlie smiled. The bathroom door opened and out came Belly, who was looking amazing.

"Bells, oh my god. You're so beautiful." Charlie shook her mom's arm, "Mom, she's stunning."

"You truly are glowing, Belly." Susannah smiled.

"You look nice, hon." Laurel said as she entered the room.

"I can't believe crop tops are back." Susannah said to Laurel. "Remember how I thought I was such hot shit wearing that baby tee in freshman year?"

As the moms reminisced, Charlie went and hugged Belly again.

"I'm so happy for you, Belly. And remember, if he sucks and you want out, call me okay?" Charlie looked Belly in the eye and Belly nodded happily.

"Of course. My hero." Belly fake fainted and Charlie held her up, giggling at her dramatics.

"Are you not driving with us?" Laurel asked, interrupting the girls little scene.

"Um, Belly didn't tell you?" Susannah asked, "She has a date tonight."

"Sorry, mom. His name is Cam." Belly apologized.

"Yeah, his mom works at the club." Susannah reassured, "Really nice boy. Very smart, like Harvard smart."

"It's fine." Laurel said. Charlie could see the sadness in Laurel's eyes. She wasn't ready to let her daughter go, "Of course you can go. I've dragged you to enough of these books parties over the years."

"Have a great date!" Susannah called as the two girls headed downstairs. When they came down, the boys were staring at the tv and screaming at the video game they were playing.