13. our song is the way you laugh

" THAT'S ENOUGH "

<3

Charlie was sent into a spiral. He wasn't supposed to be here. Charlie's eyes darted for her mom or one of her brothers, desperate for an explanation.

"Charlie!" her dad smiled widely, coming over to the two girls. Before, she loved her dad. Whenever she saw him she'd run up and hug him. But now, after knowing what a vile person he was, she didn't see him the same way.

He stopped right before their chairs, bending down to give her a hug. He obviously didn't know that she knew, he still thought that they were on good terms.

"Hey." Charlie mumbled, before turning back to fave Devin, who stared back at her in concern. Of course, Charlie had told Devin as soon as she figured out, she had ranted on and on about how horrible her father was.

Her father was able to take the hint, see she wasn't in the best mood. So, he walked away, over to where Laurel and Susannah were. Charlie had watched as he walked away, only to be snapped out of her gaze by a hand on her thigh.

"Hey, are you okay?" Devin asked.

Charlie cleared her throat and nodded, "Yeah, I'm good."

"Charlie! Devin!" Gigi called out to them, gesturing to the beach, "We're gonna head down and just chill, wanna come with?"

"Sure." Devin responded, pulling Charlie along with her.

"Make sure to get a floatie." said Max, who came up right behind Gigi and kissed her on the forehead.

"Gross, no pda, Max." Devin fake gagged at the sight of her brother being affectionate.

Charlie laughed as she grabbed a floatie for her and Devin, tossing it to the girl.

Max stuck his tongue out a Devin who stuck out her tongue right back. Charlie sighed, linking her arm in Gigi's. "Let's get away from these psychos."

"Agreed."

The two girls set their floaties down next to each other and the twins joined them on each side. Everyone had situated themselves so they were in a circle facing each other.

They all chatted and laughed together, waiting on Belly to bring their drinks. Soon enough, she came with a jug and margarita already in hand.

"May I present, the Belly special."

"Those look awesome Belly." Nicole smiled.

"Uh, we saved you the inflatable unicorn." Gigi pointed to the last remaining floatie, which Belly accepted and sat down.

"Hey, check out who I found!" Jeremiah exclaimed. Charlie had to turn around to face him and her eyes widened when she saw who came.

Not only was it Cam, who came, but Mason. Mason from the other night. The Mason who she called pretty.

"Cam!" Belly joyfully called out to her boyfriend. He walked over to her while Mason walked over to Charlie.

"Hey." he smiled.

"Hey." she patted the inflatable she sat on, "Come sit down with me."

"No, no it's okay." he said.

"Mason, it's fine. There's plenty of room on the alligator." she gestured to the long alligator floatie she sat on. He caved in, sitting down next to her.

"So, who's this, Charlie?" Devin said rather loudly, shifting everyone's attention to her.

"This is Mason. He's Cam's friend." she explained. Everyone nodded along, saying their greetings.