Chapter 50

That day, Abacus and Sienna found us on our way through the forest, only to catch us as we passed out. We were sent to the infirmary at the cabin only to have us under observation, but I knew the nurse could tell we were on drugs. The truth came out and I had to explain everything to everyone. It took a lot of convincing that we were fine for them to let us stay to finish the trip. There was still so much I wanted out of this final trip to put this year to a close. Mostly, I wanted to enjoy my time with my friends who welcomed us back with open arms. So the days went by with days of campfires, swimming, and a lot of eating. The situation coming out also made people forget that they hated me for no reason and my friends lectured me.

"What were you thinking, sending a risky text?" Link says. I was sitting in my bed as they all barged in and decided to tell me how I could have done things differently.

I think about his odd phrasing but say, "it wasn't a risky text of sorts."

"Did it, or did it not put your life at risk?" He says matter of factly. I closed my mouth at his words and nodded, he had a point. Grayson looks at me, trying not to snicker when Link turns his attention to him. "What were you even there for, You helped absolutely nothing and you're a champion fighter." He crosses his arms, "she had to defend herself."

Grayson's mouth falls open as he defends himself, "I taught her how to fight."

"Did you?" Gina's turn now, "because last time I was at one of your fights you were getting your ass kicked."

Grayson is red, "That was different and you know it." At the moment, I was glad Grayson was done taking dives and that I didn't have to see him at the brink of what felt like death. Although, his outfit was a sight for sore eyes. His black shorts riding low, to expose his black boxers, and showing his abs on display as sweat dripped down his face.

"What are you thinking about?" Matt says, knocking me back into reality. "You're pink," he points out and takes a seat next to me. "You were thinking of something naughty, weren't you?"

Grayson's eyes flicker to me as a smirk plays at his lips and he takes a seat next to me, moving my hair behind my ear. Now, my ears are feeling warmer. He scoots closer to me and says, "you thinking about me?"

I gulp and scoot away from him which only makes him smile and lean on the bed in victory. I cross my legs and glare at him before returning to them. "You were saying?" I say cool and collective.

"Ugh," Gina sighs and takes a seat in her own bed, "they're hopeless."

I stand up, "we made it out alive and fine. Lynett and Jace are going to jail, what more should I want?"

"For them to stay in jail," Gina says.

I look at her and tell them the truth, "I feel bad for them." That makes everyone's eyes widen and jaw drop, except Grayson who sits up and takes my hand.

"What?" Gina says.

"How?" Matt says.

"You guys have lost it," Link adds.

"Well," I ran my arm, "you guys didn't hear the way she said things." I try to explain, hoping they understand, "We all have fucked up lives and did they go about it the right way? No, but they both needed help and no one was there for them. Jace had to be a parent and support themselves while being a kid himself while Lynett let herself be manipulated by her dad. It wasn't fair. So, I think getting help mentally is the best option and a reduced jail sentence is what will help them."

"You're really going to ask the court for that?" Gina says.

"You agree with this?" Link asks Grayson. I can see Matt sway in the corner, contemplating things as Grayson speaks.