Chapter 11

"Can we stop now," Grayson says after an hour of doing math problems and leaning his head on the book, closing his eyes.

"Yea-" I respond and close my own book, packing it away. There is silence before he gets up and walks toward his window. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Going out," he responded.

"Through the window?"

"Never snuck out, have you Strawberry?"

"And I don't plan too," I tell him.

Grayson has one foot in and one foot out as he looks at me and says, "You know, I don't know how you can do math and not get tired of it."

"It's not that bad when you get used to it," I shrug.

He opens one eye and looks at me, "you would say that."
"What's that supposed to mean?"

He shrugs, "nothing. You just seem like someone that academics comes easy to."

I looked at him in awe because I was finally understanding why he got mad at me when I tried to help him in class. I try to pick the right words as I stare at him as he expectantly waits. "They don't. I work for them. I know a lot of people assume what you do, that all I do is either get them or spend all day studying. I might not go to parties, drink, or have many friends, but studying hard was a decision I made long ago and I work toward my future goal each day."

Grayson doesn't say anything but looks down before moving his body to the side. "Have a good day Strawberry."

"Grayson- '' I yell. He looks at me with a raised eyebrow, "I'm sorry if I was condescending that day." His face scrunches up in confusion. "The reason I agreed to tutor you wasn't just for my college application, but because I thought I could help because some things don't come easy to everyone and I know that. I also am just now realizing I could have come out as condescending when I approached you in math class. So- sorry."

Grayson grins a little as he shakes his head. "Strawberry?" I look at him, "do you mind not telling anyone that you're tutoring me, because no offense but it's kind of embarrassing to have you as a tutor. Don't need people thinking I'm less cool." I give him a blank stare and bite my lip. Asshole. With that, he pushes himself off the window and I watch as he maneuvers his way down the house and to his motorcycle.

Willum had dropped me off at my house only for me to receive a knock on my door a few minutes later. I open it to see Gina give me a smile before grabbing my arm and pulling me along. "What are you doing?"

"We're going out," she states. I don't have time to yell or say anything before I am thrown into the passenger side of a car.

"Where are we going?"

"To have fun," she says as if it's the most obvious answer.

I turn to look at the people in the back and wave, "Hi Link. Hi Matt." The boys wave at me in response as Gina tries to start the engine. "Is this car safe?" I ask as I watch a pump of smoke come from the exhaust system and the car rumbles underneath us when she gets it to turn on.

"Of course," she reassured me. I grip tighter onto the seat belt as she pulls away from my driveway. She turns to a corner and stops the car. I look at the brick-colored building and scrunch my eyebrows.

"What is this place?" None of them answer as they pull me along with them.

The first thing to hit my nose is the stench of sweat mixed with smoke. I cover my nose as we walk past the crowd of cheering people, near the center where there is a ring. My hands drop to the side and my mouth opens wide. "You brought me to a fight club?" I hiss at Gina who rolls her eyes.

"This isn't an illegal fight club or anything. This is a boxing match."

"Who are you betting on tonight Gina?" Link says as he pulls a wad of cash.

"Gambling is illegal," I tell them.

Gina rolls her eyes at me again, "and fun. So have some." A guy walks by with a red cup in his hand which Gina scoops up in her arm and waves at the guy who looks at her in shock. "I want some," she says, offering me the cup.

"No."

She shrugs her shoulders and is about to drink it when I put it away. "You don't know what's in that."

She gives this consideration before turning to Link. "Link, try this." Link grabs the cup and smells it before taking a sip. I look at her wide-eyed. "Safety first," she shrugs.

"This is good," Link says and Gina takes the cup away, mouthing a thank you. "Who did you steal it from?"

"Red shirt guy," she says and points to the crowd.

"That is extremely dangerous, he could have put anything in there."

"Yes he could have," Gina says, "but I also trust that you will watch out for me."

"Just don't do it when I'm not here," I tell her sternly. She gives me a puppy dog look with a pouty lip before hugging me close to her. I can't help but laugh at her reaction.

"What is she doing here?" I hear the annoying voice of Grayson breaking through my happy bubble.

I turn to look at him and gulp slightly at how he looked. He was wearing red boxing shorts riding a bit below his black underwear and red boxing gloves, but no shirt. This allowed a good view of his toned muscles and tan glow. His hair was matted in sweat and swooped to the side. His face looked grim and angry, but I couldn't help admiring how he looked for a moment, as he readjusted his gloves before noticing me shamelessly staring. I see him look at me from the corner of his eye and cock up an eyebrow as a small smirk starts making its way through his face. I scoff and give him my best-unaffected look, hoping he couldn't tell how affected I really was.

I see him about to open his mouth to say something and beat him to it. "I wouldn't miss the chance of watching you getting beat up."

"Gina, I don't like your new friend over here," Grayson says.

"Gina, I don't like your old friend over there," I mock.

Grayson scoffs before his body turns rigid. I see as his eyes narrow at something in the crowd and his mouth goes slack. He turns to look at Gina and back to the crowd. She seems to understand what he's saying as she does a slight nod and he goes back. He turns around again and says, "I promise this will be the best fight you've ever witnessed."

"He's next," she tells me. I nod my head and bite my lip as I scan the area they had been looking at to see a guy with a black hoodie and jeans leaning against a brick wall, smoking. He looks over in our direction and gives me a wave. I raise my hand to wave back at the cute stranger, as I pinpoint where I had seen him before. He looked very familiar. Gina pulls me back from his view before flicking him off. "Come on. We're going this way." She pulls me along through the crowd until we seem to leave him behind, or at least, out of view.

"Who is he?"

"Why are you waving at people you don't know?" She reprimands.

"He waved first. I didn't want to be rude."

"For a smart girl, you sure are a dummy." She then gives me a stern look, "Amelia. Whatever you do, stay away from him."

"Why?"

"Listen, you think Grayson is a bad person but compared to Jace, he's a saint."

"That bad?"

"With a girl like you? He'll corrupt and manipulate you until you're just a shell of a person."

"Why do you say that?"

She looks at me irritated before sighing, "he tried to do the same thing with Grayson."

And the start bell rang.   

>>>>

Well ummm, I hope the specific scene made yall feel what I felt? Let me know if you know. 

Also, Next up is the actual fight scene, ar you excited? 

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share. Hope you liked it!