The Have & Have Nots

I was finishing up and getting my office ready to be done for the day when Karter walked in. "Hey you ready for dinner with mom and everybody?" I asked as I looked up just to see their awkward smile that answered my question on its own.

"Nooo, no please." I cried slumping into my chair. "I'm sorry, it's just with everything going on. I have so much to do." I nodded as they walked closer. "Forgive me?" I shrugged reluctantly standing up.

"But you owe me." They nodded quickly relieved that I wasn't making  bigger deal out of it. I walked toward them before giving them a quick kiss on the cheek and walking out of my office and driving to the Indian place we were all meeting.

~~~

We were all sitting at dinner me, Kourt, Scott, Khlo, mom, and Bruce. Everything looked really nice and we were all just laughing at how drunk my mom was. She was talking about a tape she made and it was really awkward but she was just ridiculous.

"Take away her beer please." Khloe said trying to take her glass but mom grabbed it bag from her. "Let me out I have to go to the bathroom." "Umm no." Khloe didn't wanna move which meant I couldn't move.

"Stop it." Mom whisper yelled smacking Khlo's arm. "Ow." "Child abuse." Just as the waiter came by to refill our glasses everyone smiled till he walked away and mom started pinching Khloe's arm. "Mom just clench."

"Khlo, cmon." I tried to push her over and she finally gave in after Bruce stood up and tried to pull her out. "God d*amnit." Mom cursed as she walked quickly to the bathroom. "I didn't realize it was that serious." Khloe said as she sat back down.

"I kind of feel bad now." She kept talking as we watched mom and Bruce leave the restaurant. "Well this was fun. See you guys later." I said standing up as it was time to head home.

When I got home I was hoping Karter would be home by the time I got back but I was wrong. And as I was getting ready for bed I got a text saying that they probably wouldn't make it home tonight and that they were sorry. So I went to bed.

~~~

I was going out to lunch with Kourt, Kim, mom and Bruce

I was going out to lunch with Kourt, Kim, mom and Bruce. It was a nice place that was fenced off so we could sit outside without worrying about paparazzi but we still had to get past them and inside.

We sat down and right off the bat Kourtney asks "So mom have you gotten an appointment to check out your leaky vag?"  Mom rolled her eyes as she said "You are not to mess with me again." She pointed at her "I'm not even speaking to Khloe because that was so embarrassing."

"Wait I thought Kendall and Kylie were coming out to eat." "No they stayed at home." Mom sighed as Bruce said "They're at that age that you girls once were at. You know like 15 and 13 they don't realize how fortunate they really are."

I nodded as Kourt said "It's such a fine line to, as a parent. Because you want to give them everything but you don't want them to be brats." And I spoke up saying "What if you took them to a mission or downtown LA. That's what dad did when I was little."

"Oh yeah, I used to love going and playing with the kids." Kim said as Bruce nodded. "I should take them." "Well I wanna go if you do go." Kim, Kourt, and I all agreed that we were gonna try and go with them.

~~~

I was getting ready before Bruce was gonna pick me up to go the the mission when Karter walked out of the bathroom from being in the shower

I was getting ready before Bruce was gonna pick me up to go the the mission when Karter walked out of the bathroom from being in the shower. "Where are you headed?" They asked walking over drying their hair.

"I'm going to a mission with Bruce, Kendall, and Kylie." Karter chuckled saying "I can't picture those girls entering a mission to save my life." "That's the point." I said with a blank face as I was picking which bracelets I was going to wear or if I was going to wear any.

"When do you think you'll be back?" They asked wrapping their arms around my waist "Why, wanna see how much work you can get in?" In my defense it came out more annoyed than I meant.

"Hey." Karter said as they turned me to face them. "Is everything ok? Cause I know I've been busy buts that's expected because of the promotion and everything going on." I nodded putting a smile on my face "Yeah, yeah I'm just tired. I'm gonna be late."

I kissed their cheek before grabbing my bag and heading out of the apartment to the garage where Bruce's car was waiting for me.

~~~

We got to the mission and while we were waiting to be let it the girls found the hand sanitizer. "Cmon, girls. Leave some for everyone else." "You know I'm a germaphobe." Kylie said getting even more.

"What're you gonna do, take a shower in it?" I chuckled as we were finally let onto the elevator. And we were brought to the gym where the kids hang out and introduced to some of the teen girls before we were brought to the kitchen to help with dinner.

It was nice to see Kendall and Kylie try and help out with everything and to see them realize how good they're it with their food compared to a lot of people. Before Miranda and Tee the girls we had met before wanted to show us their room.

I got to see Kendall and Kylie realize how good they had it just by the looks on their faces. And they got to hang out with everyone before we were going to head home. I was at in between them on the ride home.

"I love you girls." I whispered to them as I hugged them and I smiled feeling them hug bag. "We love you too." They whispered back before Bruce pulled into my apartment garage and I got out waving goodbye to them.

Word Count (1065)