𝐢𝐱. the real jamie tartt

"sometimes I'm standingw

w

here I wanna be."

 A FEW DAYS LATER, KATIE FOUND HER FATHER'S OFFICE, believing she is alone in the room. She heard someone nearby laughing and was surprised to see Sam with a smile on his face, engrossed in his phone.

Katie took the opportunity and decided to playfully surprise him. "What are you doing?" Katie asked, jumping up behind Sam and successfully stunning him. His hand instinctively flew to his heart and he blushed slightly.

"Katie, you scared me!" Sam smiled, put the phone down, but couldn't hide the lingering blush. Katie teasingly grabbed Sam's phone, ignoring his attempts to get it back. Sam sent a message to someone in Bantr with the username 'Bossgirl'. Katie began reading the messages out loud, making Sam a willing participant in the temptation.

"Ratatouille, classic," Katie read aloud, referring to Sam's message to Bossgirl about his favorite movie. Sam laughed softly, acknowledging Katie's joke.

"You think I'm doing a good job texting her? She hasn't answered in two days," Sam asked sincerely about Katie's contribution.

"Give her time; I guarantee she will," Katie reassured him.

"How do you know?" Sam asked, intrigued by Katie's obvious expertise. Katie shook her head with a knowing smile.

"She's a woman! We always have."

Later that day, Sam approached Katie in her office and she immediately complimented him on his new hairstyle. Sam explained in a sincere tone that he had a date with Bossgirl that night and needed help choosing an outfit. Katie was flattered that Sam asked her for advice and wanted to help him.

They went shopping and Katie picked out a blue suit for Sam, convinced he would look handsome in it. Sam finally relented and made the purchase and they went their separate ways. But that night, Katie received a message from Dani in her group chat. The post included a link to a news article titled