𝐯𝐢. missed connection

"weed and bramble,

"weed and bramble,

still hard to handle."

DURING HER LUNCH BREAK KATIE FOUND HERSELF alone in the media room, indulging in a few snacks and appreciating the tranquility. The atmosphere within the building was relatively calm, but she couldn't help but notice the distinct sound of footsteps reverberating down the hallway.

These footsteps immediately registered in her mind as belonging to Jamie Tartt. Jamie seemed uncertain as he paced back and forth, hesitating to approach Katie.

Although she initially dismissed it as a mere coincidence, Jamie's repeated attempts to catch her attention during his walk made it impossible for Katie to ignore any longer. Intrigued by his actions, she rose from her chair and took a couple of steps towards the hallway.

On one of his subsequent passes by Katie's location, she finally called out to him with curiosity evident in her voice: "Jamie, is there something you need?"

Caught off guard but attempting nonchalance nonetheless, Jamie came to an abrupt halt and turned towards Katie. "Oh hey there, Katie! Nahhh... just going for a stroll," he replied casually.

Katie remained unconvinced and gradually approached him with heightened interest. Suddenly driven by emotion or perhaps intuition itself - whatever it may have been - she wrapped her arms around Jamie tightly in an affectionate embrace. After initially hesitating for a moment or two before reciprocating the hug himself , Jamie relished in experiencing that familiar comfort brought about through their physical connection once more.

"It's good to see you again, Jamie," Katie expressed, gently moving away from him. "If there's ever anything you need, don't hesitate to come to me."

Jamie nodded, a sincere smile gracing his face. "Thank you, Katie. I appreciate that." With those words exchanged, Katie hurriedly made her way to find Rebecca who had been persistently persuading her to join Bantr.