Part 10

J

I had been working such long hours.

Fortunately.

If I didn't have a job to throw myself into, I would probably have stayed at home, touching myself while thinking about that stiff one in Lisa's jeans 24/7. Every now and then, even when I was in the middle of a conversation with someone on the crew, or when I was in the zone, moving props around on set, I suddenly heard echoes of Lisa groaning in the shower, fifteen minutes after seeing me in a towel.

That was a mistake. I shouldn't have done that.

It was sexy as hell and made me feel a lot better after the vomiting incident, but it was still a huge mistake. It felt like everything was in slow motion while I walked down the hall and met her gaze and the way her mouth parted just made me feel so good and she looked so freaking hot standing there in her pajama pants. She had no idea that while she was jerking off in the shower I was in bed quietly devastating my clitoris with a vibrator, fantasizing about going into her room, pushing open the door to her bathroom and dropping my towel once she realized I was there, opening the steamed-up shower door and stepping inside, she still had one hand on her big hard cock and the other hand reached out to grab behind my neck to pull me in for a kiss but I smirked and pressed her back against the wall, slid down her body so she could feel my wet breasts against her skin until I kneeled down between her legs, took her in my mouth and gave her the blowjob of her life.

In my fantasy I was totally capable of giving her the blowjob of her life but in reality I was pretty convinced that she had gotten so many of those from so many beautiful women over the years that it would be impossible for me to top them. Especially given my very limited exposure to penises.

Which was why I kept reminding myself that Kai was the smart choice for me at this point.

Despite everything, it just wasn't sitting right with me—neither the overt sexual tension nor the covert sexual fantasies with Lisa.

It's like gluten-free bread, or when Benedict Cumberbatch does an American accent. It should be the greatest thing in the world, the answer to our prayers, but it just felt wrong and made me cringe a little.

She had to go out of town for two weeks of meetings and press interviews because the line of high tech athletic wear had been so successful, but she left a Post-it on the fridge that said she really wanted to talk to me, so would I call when I was home, didn't matter how late.

I texted her that I didn't have time to talk, that I was too tired when I got home. It was true.

It was also true that a month earlier I would have called her anyway.

But three weeks of an independent film production schedule was exactly what I needed to avoid the inevitable disaster that would be a "talk" with Lisa at that point. I missed her. Of course I missed her. I'd be on location for a week in Palm Desert, and I'd arranged to stay with Jisoo and Bobby at their new place when I got back. Once production wrapped I'd have time to look for a new place. I'd have to rip off the bandage. I didn't know any other way, and I was sure that Lisa would understand why, eventually.

Once I had gone on location in Palm Desert, Lisa had gotten home and gone nuts.

I had never received so many daily texts from her since I'd met her.

About the most trivial things, so many questions, but never the one I needed her to ask me, the one that would change everything.

Lisa: I can't find that bag of chia seeds from Costco.

Me: In the drawer with the million other little bags of chia seeds.

Lisa: It's not there I looked.

Me: Look again.