I'm going out tonight (Chapter 5)

The first week at Arsenal went by fast. With a lot of drills, not so much football and mostly just working on our condition and strength. I was also getting to know the girls and how everyone worked together as a team. It was exhausting managing training and the mental strain of spending so much time with new people got to me. As soon as I got to the house I fell asleep and slept for hours until I had to get up and cook dinner. I constantly apologized to Beth and Viv for sleeping away the day and blaming it on getting used to everything. Which it partly was, me spending so much energy on the team and having none left.

"Det blir bättre" I said into the mirror. Trying to convince myself that it would get better and reminding myself to let it take time. It is a big difference, and it will take time before everything is okay again. Going from the club you spent five years in, to a new club will take some getting used to. 

I had posted pictures from training on Instagram and reposted stories from teammates. Focusing on my online presence was the least of my problems now. I needed to focus on getting through the days and doing my best here at Arsenal. I was brought out of my thoughts by a knock on my bedroom door. "Feeling like going out tonight?" Beth asked as I opened the door. "I might as well." I answered before continuing with "Where are we going?" I had to go out at least once and we had no practice tomorrow, so it was perfect timing. "We are going to a club. The entire team will be there. Of course we are in the more restricted area so we will be able to focus on having fun instead of fans trying to get a hold of us." Beth answered with a smile.

Dinner was going great like usual. I had cooked a pasta dish and served it with feta cheese and chicken. During dinner we all discussed what we would be wearing. Both Beth and Viv would be wearing a suit while I went for a black skirt and a top that looked like lingerie. Probably because it was, but at least I looked hot. I paired that with my Doc Martens. A staple in my closet, but they worked with every outfit. I was also wearing a pair of tights because London weather. I put on a necklace, armbands and rings and was ready to leave. I had done a simple makeup look earlier and I felt like I looked good. 

We took a taxi to the club, the three of us all wanted to drink, and no one wanted to give that up and be the designated driver. I was a bit jealous of Beth and Viv, they knew exactly where they had each other and were just such a cute couple. They hadn't been fighting at all and were just lovey-dovey most of the time. Not like me and Maya, constantly fighting over stupid things and how I never had time for her. You had to be a footballer to understand what kind of pressure I was under and how much of my time was spent playing of thinking about football. 

The club was packed with people when we got there. It was a Friday night so I wouldn't have expected anything else. Beth led both me and Viv towards a door in the back and when she opened it there everyone was. All the players and their significant others, well not everyone since we were a bit early. I looked around and saw everyone dancing, drinking and just having fun. Katie was standing at the bar taking shots and as soon she saw me, she started waving. Forcing me to go to her. I wasn't a big drinker but every once in a while I did drink. 

The two of us took a few shots, not enough for me to get drunk but I was feeling the alcohol. Relaxing my body and my brain while also giving me more confidence, it was something I needed. While me and Katie were talking someone snuck up on me from behind. "Could I get a shot?" someone asked the bartender and while he poured one, I glanced back seeing Leah. She was wearing chalk lined striped suit pants with a white tank top. Of course she wore it without a bra. The hottest girl in the team was the one who hated me. As soon as she saw it was me, I could see her body tense. "You so think I look hot." She said to me. "You are optimistic about whether I find you attractive or not. Maybe someone has a little crush on me." I answered with a smile. Her face turning a bright shade of red and I knew I had succeeded with what I intended. 

The night continued with dancing and drinking. Some drunk more than others and by the end of the night Katie was very drunk. Barely able to stand straight and slurring her words. I was somewhere in the middle, still feeling okey but more confident and calmer than I was otherwise. I knew I would have an annoying headache tomorrow. Bad enough for me to be annoyed and irritable tomorrow but probably not bad enough for me to throw up. 

I took a taxi back to the house and went to bed. I left earlier than some other in the team but a few of them had already left. Leah included.

Dead after practice but you all deserve a little treat

Here you go

Love E