[Ch. 1] Roomates Could Be Worse

Start from the beginning

Damien jumped slightly when movement started behind him from Ceresa. She was glaring at him, her red eyes glowing and a fang poking out of her mouth. She probably woke up during his not-so-quiet laughing.

"Well, get some sleep I guess. I'll talk to you later." Damien whispered into the phone to not to disturb the woman behind him more. He looked behind him again to see she settled back into bed, her glare no longer directed towards him. He let out a breath of relief, making sure it wasn't loud enough for anyone except himself to hear.

"Sure, we'll see. Byee." Void drawled out his goodbye and hung up, as did Damien. He walked to his bed and laid down, getting under the cover and turning off the lamp light that was on when he arrived in. Hopefully his roommate did not kill him in his sleep for waking her up.

-

"Hi!" The purple elf waved at her tired roommate. The quiet figure just looked at her, holding her arms close to her shoulders as if she was cold. "What's your name?" Karmi tilted her head, trying to be as gentle as she could while talking to the loner. She just received a shrug and the view of her back. The person laid down shortly after, keeping her back faced towards Karmi.

Karmi nodded even though her roommate couldn't see her and decided to give her some space. She got to the door and opened it, about to step out before she heard her roommate mutter, "LeahLeo. Or.. I also use Logan." Karmi gave a small smile even though the figure still couldn't see it. "Nice to meet you!" She said, the person didn't speak again, even after she left the room.

As she skipped down the halls, she wasn't surprised that the floor was quiet. It was nice. Although, the floors above were a little loud. A tiny bit of yelling of supposedly angry roommates through the thin floors but it was silenced after a bit.

She hopped in front of the tacky doormat that laid in front of her friends room and knocked lightly three times in a small rhythm. Amy answered the door, giving a small smile to her friend. She welcomed her in and watched as IT walked out of the bathroom in a plain t-shirt and pants, hair wet from a supposed shower. "How's the room?" IT asks, rubbing a towel over his cyan-greenish hair. His tail swished happily as he became satisfied with his now dry hair.

Karmi gives them a thumbs up, "They're very quiet, but nice!" Karmi gives a short explanation and sits down on the two beds that have been pushed together, presumably by IT so Amy and him could be closer together when they went to sleep.

"That's good." Amy smiles lightly, putting her hands together in front of her as she walked over to IT and leaned against him as gently as she could. IT responded by wrapping a free arm around her shoulder.

"Anything you guys want to discuss? Maybe something about that new movie that came out?"

-

"It's okay, I guess." Rainbow sighed, looking around the boring room. "As long as we have somewhere to sleep." Graze shrugged off his duffel bag and rolled it under one of the beds. Specifically the one closest to the window.

Rainbow just sighed and threw her stuff down, deciding to go look at herself in the bathroom mirror. "Y'know, from what people I saw, I think I'll only be able to get along with you. Everyone else seems weird." She called from the bathroom. Graze didn't respond, yet responded to his need to pick the grass off his shoes.

After a minute or two, Rainbow walked out, her hair in a low, slightly frizzy, nighttime ponytail. "Wake me up when something exciting happens." She pulls out a Nintendo switch from her bag and tosses it to Graze who caught it easily. "You got it." He smiles at her as she gets comfortable in her own bed. He turns the room light off and got comfy in his own bed, deciding to play animal crossing for a while.