Chapter 14

After falling down about half of two dozen feet, Natty and Fin landed on the ground. As in landed; they fell, hit the ground, bonked heads, yelled at each other, yelled at each other some more, then looked around.

Natty picked up the torch and looked around. She screamed, dropped the torch, and jumped into Fin's arms and buried her face in his neck. 

"Erm... alright then. What's wrong?"

"S-S... snakes." Natty muttered.

"Snakes?"

Fin looked up and his eyes widened. Hundreds of snakes surrounded them. Fin set Natty down as she clung to him tightly.

"Are you scared?"

"No..."

Fin turned around and gave a smirk. "Is Henry Jones IV scared of snakes?!"

"FINALD HENDERSON IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP I'M GOING TO FEED YOU TO THE SNAKES AS AN OFFERING!"

Fin burst out laughing and leaned down to the snakes. 

"I HATE SNAKES, FIN! I HATE THEM!"

"Natty, they're Brahminy Blind Snakes."

"So they can smell my fear?"

"Who on earth told you that?!" Fin said laughing.

Natty glared at him as Fin went on.

"Indotyphlops braminus, commonly known as the brahminy blind snake, is a non-venomous blind snake species found mostly in Africa and Asia."

"THAT'S JUST GREAT BECAUSE WE'RE IN AFRICA!" Natty yelled with fear.

"Just relax, they can hear and smell you. That's it." 

Natty let out a silent scream and Fin smirked. He extended his hand to Natty and picked up the torch off of the ground. 

"Come on Jonesy, it'll be alright."

Natty nodded timidly as she took Fin's hand. She squeezed his hand tightly and walked as Fin moved the snakes away with his feet. 

"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?" Natty complained. 

"I don't know miss archeologists, you tell me."

Natty didn't want to answer because she didn't know. The two walked for a while before they came to some rubble. Fin moved some of it out of the way and handed the torch to Natty. 

"I'll fend off the blind snakes, you can look through." He mocked with a grin.

Natty rolled her eyes and fixed her glasses. "How heroic."

Fin smirked and Natty scoffed. She put the torch through and her eyes widened. She climbed up and slid through the small crevices. 

"Fin?!"

"Yes your highness?"

Natty rolled her eyes, she turned and poked her head out. "Get in here."  

Fin's eyes widened and he stared. "I can not fit through there."

"Yes you can, if I can, you can."

Fin's face went white an dNatty smirked. "Is someone catastrophic?"

"NO— erm, well... maybe."

Natty burst out laughing and Fin glared. "I have you know that I have something to actually be scared of!"

"I'm sorry, snakes are something to be scared of!" Natty snapped. "This is a day and a life of archeology! You go through the small spaces.

"I. AM. A. BIOLOGIST!" 

"I. Don't. Care, now get in here!" Natty said angrily.

Fin nodded timidly and slid through with his eyes shut. Natty grabbed his arm and pulled him in. He hit the ground with a thud and looked at her. 

"I could've gotten in on my own, thank you very mu— BLOODY HELL!" 

Fin jumped up with wide eyes as Natty grinned wildly.

Gold surrounded them, along with paint covered carved out walls with loads of inscriptions. Jars ran along the walls as little pharaoh looking figures were around.  Golden chairs, and plates were around, along with more and more gold. In the center was an old tomb. 

"Is this..."

"It is, here help me lift the lid."

Fin nodded as the two walked to the tomb, natty red the inscriptions on the lid as she fixed Indiana Jones's old hat on her head.

"It's the king."

"Good."

The two strained but did lift the lid off. An extremely old mummy sat, wrapped in cloth and some gold.

"Oh wow, it's a dead person." Fin said softly.

Natty stood there. He grandfather's last words were about the mountain of sand. This place. He had taught her everything he had learned and went through. All of that, had led to this. 

She found it.

Natty gave a small smile.

"What did you think it would be? An alive king?"

"I have hopes." Fin said with a small smile. He looked at the mummy. "So what do we do with all do this stuff."

"It all belongs in a museum."

"Eh, I'd beg to... eh... differ." A familiar voice said. 

Natty and Fin looked up and froze. Hans stood there as the large rocks were removed so silently that Natty and Fin couldn't hear it.

Behind Hans was his army, holding Sallah, and Natty felt her heart drop.

"Zanks for leading us to here Jones."