Chapter 5

Fin glared at Natty as the two got tied up. Natty rolled her eyes and wiggled around in the ropes that held her hands behind her back.

"This is your fault!" Fin yelled.

"My fault?! I don't even know what's happening!" Natty snapped

Fin glared at her and shook his head. He rolled his eyes and slumped back. Natty did the same and sat there.

"Henry Jones IV!"

Natty looked up at a man who was walking over clapping his hands. He wore a black tuxedo and had a small glass of wine in his hand.

"Um... my name is Fin." Fin said softly.

"Oh I vas not talking to you. I vas talking to the girl." The man said.

Fin nodded then his eyes widened. He looked up at Natty who looked down with her face red of embarrassment.

"Your name is Henry?!"

Natty forced and nod and shut her eyes as the man spoke.

"Miss Jones vhat a smart girl." A man said walking over. "Although, you grandfather could do better."

Natty sat there for a second she opened her eyes and looked up. "What do you mean by that?"

"He had a eh... better escape plan." The man said simply with a shrug. "But, ve need you."

"Why?"

The man nodded and finished his small glass of wine and tossed it over as it broke into millions of tiny pieces.

"You know vhat ve are looking for."

"No I don't." Natty said simply.

"Yes you do. Do the Kushites ring a bell?" The man said smiling bitterly.

Natty sat there, as memories flooded her mind. She remembered learning about them, but most of all remembered her grandfather going on and on about the ancient civilization and their treasures. Natty looked up carefully and the man smiled and said, "So it does. Ms Jones, ve vant you to help."

"For what?"

"Eh... stuff."

Natty shook her head. "I can't do that." She said softly. After getting kidnapped, then not being told why she was needed: huge red flag.

The man nodded but held up a knife from his pocket. He leaned over and held it to Natty's throat carefully.

"You vill help us Jones. Do you understand vhat I am saying?"

Natty couldn't nod without her neck being sliced— or you know, possibly dying. The man smiled grimly and stood up.

"Tomorrow ve vill be arriving in Sudan." He said firmly, walking off.

Natty sat there for a good minute and sighed. The curse of knowledge definitely wasn't her favorite.

"OI!"

Natty looked up at Fin and raised an eyebrow. She hadn't seen so much determination and excitement in his eyes. Fin gave a small smiled as the man turned around.

"Vhat?"

"I want to make a bet with you, you old hag." Fin said firmly.

Natty shook her head. This wasn't the best idea. Whatever he was thinking was nuts, especially with this old, rich, power hungry German guy.

"Vhat type of bet?" The man replied.

"Well, a challenge really." Fin replied. "I win, you let me and Jonesy here free. I loose, up to you." Fin said with a shrug.