Chapter 4: Rain-Kissed Bonds: Nighttime Melodies and Shared Moments

Status: Unedited

Published: September 9, 2023

Koshi strolled through the dimly lit streets, wrapping his jacket around himself in a futile bid to ward off the chill.

   "I wonder what she's up to right now?" he mused aloud, giving voice to his thoughts.

Meanwhile, Skylar found herself in the confines of her bedroom, an electric guitar in hand as she penned down lyrics that would lend soul to her melody.

   "... washing machine confuses me~

   Hmm, that sounds odd.

   But it oddly fits, so into the verse it goes," she chuckled, jotting it down.

Koshi drew near, the familiar house of Tsukishima Kei coming into view.

He practically sprinted to the residence opposite Tsukishima's, halting by the gate that towered over his frame, his gaze fixed on the name engraved on it.

   "... Reynolds..." he murmured, annunciating the name softly. With a slight clutch on a disposable vape in his hand, he rang the doorbell.

Back in her room, Skylar's head shot up at the sound of the doorbell's chime. She set her buzzing guitar aside, gazing out the window.

Brows furrowed against the muted light, she questioned herself,
   "Who could that be at this hour?"

As the silver locks came into view, her excitement bloomed.

She thrust the window open,
   "Koshi!" she called out, her hair dancing in the wind's embrace.

Turning toward the call of his name, Koshi Sugawara found himself met with a smile that could outshine the sun, even against the twilight backdrop.
   "Hey, Skylar! You left something behind at Coach Ukai's," he remarked, brandishing a small item that fit neatly in his hand.

A skeptical brow lifted on Skylar's end,
   "Left something? I can't recall leaving anything..." she mumbled, a hand patting her pockets in reflex.

   "It's like... well, I don't know what it's called, but it's like a cigarette," he struggled to convey.

A jolt of realization struck Skylar,
   "My vape!" she exclaimed, bolting to her feet and hurtling down the stairs to the front door, unlocking it and swinging the gate wide open.

Koshi's grin broadened as he handed it over,
   "There you go," he stated, a chuckle escaping his lips. Wisps of vapor issued from her nostrils as she indulged.

Koshi's eyes scanned her attire — a crop top matched with loose joggers, her long blonde tresses cascading freely.

A light flush colored Koshi's cheeks,
   "Uh, yes. Coach intercepted it before Nishinoya could claim it," he admitted, his fingers grazing the back of his head as bashfulness graced his expression.

Subtle droplets began their descent from the heavens, peppering Koshi and Skylar's faces with a touch of moisture.

   "Oh dear, do you live far?" Skylar inquired, a hint of concern lacing her tone.
   "Just eight blocks away," Koshi replied, a playful smile in place.

Skylar's eyes widened,
   "Eight blocks? That's like a mile!" she exclaimed, a mix of disbelief and worry evident.

Koshi's laughter bubbled forth at her worrisome demeanor,
   "Don't fret. I'll manage. See you tomorrow then?" he posed, fingers lifting in a wave of farewell.