Kay rolled his eyes and raised his hands up in defeat. "Alright. Pumpkin, you better speak with your husband." He winked earning a smack from Jay.

They went away after creating a mess in my head with too many questions.

I went back to my room. How long should I just stay here and do nothing? I want to see Manik. I can't go into our room from the main door where everyone is just working.

An evil grin formed on my face remembering about the secret door. I bunched my dress in my hands and opened the door from my room and walked into the private garden. From there I knocked on the door and Manik opened it.

"Woah! What's my bride doing here?" He said and I sneaked into our room shutting it behind me.

"To have a look at my groom." I said and looked at him from top to bottom.

He is dressed in his signature black shirt with sleeves rolled up his arms and black trousers which made him look taller than anyday.

"You look handsome/beautiful." We both said it together and chuckled.

I didn't realise he was looking at me from top to bottom as I was lost in him.

He gently pulled me by my wrist to remove the distance between us

He gently pulled me by my wrist to remove the distance between us. "So, are you ready for your debutante dance tonight?"

"Tonight? I don't know we have our first dance tonight. Manik, I don't know how to dance. What shall we do? What will happen now?" I started to worry.

"Shh!" He placed his finger on my lips. "I can teach you."

"Really? Will you teach me?" I asked him and he smirked.

He turned me so that my back is pressed to his chest. He swooped the hair to one side letting his warm breath fan on my nape. Manik sneaked his fingers and trailed them over my bare waist.

"Manik. Wha...what are you doing?" I said with difficulty as my breath hitched.

"Teaching you." He whispered in my ear and I shuddered.

His lips slowly touched my earlobe and I took a few steps away from him. "No. We can't."

"Trust me. We will dance and nothing else." He forwarded his palm for me as an invitation.

I hesitantly put my hands in his and he gently pulled me closer to him. This time we are facing each other and our nose tips brushing. Manik did not kiss me but we swayed with the soft music playing in the background.

He carefully placed my palms over his shoulder and he placed his palms behind my back. It felt so comfortable to stay in his arms and get all his attention only towards me and nothing else.

I closed the gap between us and rested my head on his chest. He tightened the hold on me and continued to sway like a lullaby.

"You are beautiful, Nandini." I blushed with his words and playfully smacked his arm.