The Fall of Newtopia

Andrias roared at the incoming division of tanks. "Is that the best you can do?!" The newt deactivated his shield and grabbed a stealth plane straight from the sky, chucking it at the tanks with as much force as he could muster.

BOOM

At least a dozen tanks exploded on impact, but the humans continued pushing forward. Andrias struggled to catch his breath. "Okay *huff* how about *huff* this!"

Andrias loaded up his missile system, but instead of the familiar beep, telling him it was ready, an error message popped up.

ERROR. AMMO DEPLETED. ERROR.

"Olms have mercy!" Andrias sighed in irritation. While he had managed to hold off the humans for the better part of two hours now, it seemed the Dyoplosaurus was finally starting to run out of steam.

Andrias touched the middle of his crown. "My lord, I don't know how much longer I can keep this up!"

"Really, son?!" Darcy's voice answered back. "You seriously can't destroy a race with such primitive weapons?!"

"But, my lord—!"

"We don't care, Andrias!" Darcy spat. "While you were out there making a fool of yourself, we found a way to get the Music Box back."

"Wait, really?!" Andrias asked, blocking a few incoming tank shells with his shield. "I sent a group of frobots to retrieve it. Did they succeed?"

"Not exactly." Darcy conceded. "Those imbeciles in the resistance wanted to trade the box in exchange for us helping them save Boonchuy."

Andrias scoffed. "Seriously?"

Darcy laughed. "That's not all. They wanted us to give up Marcy as our host! Can you believe that?!"

"Heh...yeah." Andrias said with a half-hearted chuckle. "I'm guessing you refused the offer then?"

"Of course not!" Darcy exclaimed. "If those fools want to give us the box for free, who are we to stop them?!"

"My lord, what about—?"

"Relax, Andrias. We have no intention of actually fulfilling our end of the deal. Once we get the Music Box back, that pitiful resistance and these annoying humans are done for."

Andrias pulled a lever, activating his flamethrower and torching a platoon of human soldiers that had begun to scale Newtopia's walls. "What about our current situation?"

Darcy groaned. "It seems to us that a tactical retreat may be required."

"A tactical retreat?" Andrias questioned.

"Yes." Darcy sighed in defeat. "Your lackluster performance on the battlefield has left us no other choice."

"Please, my lord, just give me a little more time!" Andrias pleaded.

"No, son. You failed us once again." Darcy huffed. "You have exactly ten seconds to get your butt back in the castle or we're leaving without you."

Andrias' eyes widened. "Ten seconds?!"

"Nine, eight, seven..."

Andrias smashed the button to his rocket boosters, propelling him at lightning speed to the castle in the sky.

"Six, five, four..."

Andrias flicked the switch on his right, opening the hangar doors and allowing himself inside the castle.

"Three, two, one..."

"I'm in!" Andrias yelled at his crown. "You can stop counting down now!"

A voice from behind him laughed. "What's wrong? Is our teasing too much for you?"