~٦~

NAEEM.
Algiers, Algeria.

Aamir shows up early the next day and comes over to help with the children. I met a kid named Abdullah today; his brother dropped him off earlier today for the classes, and although his recitation is masha Allah, he has been crying since.

So one of the brothers took him over to the sisters to help out, and I saw Aman take him from the brother. I don't know what she said to little Abdullah, but he stopped crying and even gave her a hug. I don't know I'm smiling until Abubakr shows up beside me.

"What's making you smile, bro?" He asks, and I smile a bit. "Oh, it's nothing," I say. "I just saw one of the sisters take little Abdullah with her, and she only spoke to him, and he stopped crying," I explain.

"You know, some sisters are gifted when it comes to children; I don't know how they do it, but they're good at it," he chuckles, and I couldn't agree more.

"There was this one time my wife went out with her sisters to get their hair done and left me with my daughter Aisha. She is a really quiet baby, but when she starts crying and her mother isn't there to pacify her, you begin to question if she's the same baby," he says, laughing.

"So, what did you do?" I asked, wanting to know how he handled the situation. "Bro, I tried everything. To cut the story short, she cried until her mother came home, only taking short breaks in between," he sighs, shaking his head.

"Only mothers know the secret to a quiet, happy baby, then?" I say "one hundred percent," and he agrees, and we both laugh before heading back inside the mosque.

After all the kids go home, we meet at the back of the masjid for iftar after magrib salah, and the food was amazing. After, we have some dessert. "Naeem, come have this chocolate cake my sister made," Aamir calls.

Aman bakes? I rush over with a plate and fork in hand to taste the delicacy, and oh my Allah, it smells and tastes amazing. "Mashaa Allah, bro, it's really good. I think I'll need to have more after I finish this," I joke, taking another bite.

"I can ask her to make some for you." He says, "Oh no, no, it's fine. I don't want to trouble you or her. I'm sure it was too much to make something this good," I assure him.

"Look at you refusing sister Aman's cake," Bilal, another brother, jokes. "Aamir hardly offers his sisters baked goods, and when he does, you don't refuse," he adds, and we all laugh.

"If it's fine with her, then I'd love more cake, please." I smile, and they all laugh at my reply. "Sure thing, I'll bring it over when next she makes it, in shaa Allah," he promises.

||~•~||

True to his words, he did bring the cake for me three days later. "Aman says thank you that you liked her cake." He tells me this after giving me the cake. "It's really nothing. It was a nice cake, and everyone liked it." I say.

"By the way, how did it go with Oncle?" I ask, "It was good. Alhamdulillah, I get to meet her next Friday after jumm'ah insha'Allah." He blushes, and I laugh. "Ok, then don't forget to invite me to the wedding," I tease.

"Come on, bro, of course you'll be there insha'Allah. I never knew you were Nasreen's cousin," he says. "Aha, that; her mom and my mom are sisters, twins, actually," I say. "Wow, Mashaa Allah, I never knew." Well, now you know," I smile.

I end up going home with my new favourite in the passenger seat, looking back at me. No one's eating this cake with me. I use my prayer mat to hide the bowl, and I walk into the house with it in my arms.

I go back downstairs to get a fork and a bottle of water before I run back upstairs to gobble down the cake. After my nightcap, I brush my teeth and say my du'as before going to sleep.

Assalamu alaikum,
Nothing much to say I hope the book is getting more interesting?
Y'all wondering why I updated again 😂 well I have no reason so enjoy💕
Now for real, see you all next week in shaa Allah and don't forget to vote comment and share.
Much love 💌.