Chapter 45: Elif Impressed!?

Start from the beginning

After watching a few matches and snacking on some lighting cherries, it was eventually my match. However, the previous battle had Starlet in it, and surprisingly her opponent actually managed to put up a good fight, though he was eventually defeated.

Looking at the coliseum below, I saw Idonea fly out of a VIP area and land in the arena below while waiting for her opponent; I, on the other hand, just smiled as I stored my lighting cherries away while grabbing hold of Hokori before floating down to the arena, landing opposite of Idonea. However, when I did, I noticed a considerable amount of killing intent being directed my way. Focusing on the killing intent, I noticed it wasn't actually directed at me but towards Idonea; tracing back where it came from, my eyes landed on the middle-aged man who had previously attacked Idonea.

While his actions weren't really bothering me, when I looked over at Idonea, I could tell she wasn't entirely focused on me as she occasionally looked up at that man with wary eyes.

Tightly gripping Hokori, and with it still sheathed, I launched a Heavenly Scar at that man, which managed to shift his attention away from Idonea and onto me. I had used an average amount of strength in that attack, but its power was still at the level of a peak Half-step Divine; however, It didn't matter how much force I used in that attack, as I knew he would be able to stop such an attack easily, and that is precisely what he did.

After he stopped my attack, his facial expression, which already looked angry, turned even more enraged. However, when he realized who he was looking at, his face instantly became docile, which reminded me of the little creatures living in my courtyard.

"Stop interfering in my match; this is your only warning; next time, I'll have Illumia deal with you." Said Elif seriously as he pointed Hokori at him.

"Y-Yes, Prince Elif, my apologies Prince Elif." Replied the man, slightly frightened while bowing.

When I no longer sensed any killing intent, I focused back on Idonea, who was now also entirely focused on me.

"There, now no one will be interfering with our fight." Said Elif with a slight smirk as he prepared himself for what he expected to be an entertaining battle.

I was pretty excited about this fight, so I didn't wait until the announcer started the match and decided to charge at her, planning to initiate close combat as I wished to experience her sword skills.

I didn't use my movement technique, so Idonea easily parried my first attack; now locked in place, I shifted Hokori slightly, allowing my sword to continue on its path across her blade; however, while my attack did manage to slice off a couple of hair's, Idonea skillfully dodged my attack before counterattacking, aiming her sword straight for my neck.

Thanks to all the sparring sessions I've had with Illumia, I've learned to always have an escape route when attacking, all so I can still adequately react to situations like this. Quickly retracting my arm back to me, I blocked her sword; however, Idonea did something I'd never thought of; she swapped the hand she was wielding her sword in and swiftly sneaked her sword past my defense.

Although I was surprised, It wasn't the time to think about that; quickly tilting my head to the left, I saw how the tip of her sword caused a shallow cut on my cheek before she promptly retracted her arm.

'For me to get wounded so quickly is quite embarrassing; however, this is what I've been looking for, a fighter with great skill and experience!' Thought Elif, slightly annoyed but also excited, while fighting with Idonea.

Not only did I limit my cultivation until my strength was roughly on par with Idonea's, but I also only used the Heavenly Scar since, from the previous matches, Idonea only seemed to have an offensive-based technique, besides the whole reason why I was fighting her was to test myself against her, considering Illumia said I would lose against her. Unfortunately, with how the battle has been playing out, she doesn't seem to be wrong.

'Tsk, I can't really do anything against her; it's like she knows my every move; I mean, fighting against her is a great way to improve myself, though it won't mean much in battle when I can barely touch my opponent!' Thought Elif, who had several cuts all over his body and clothes, while barely managing to parry an attack from Idonea, who only had about two cuts on her body.

Backing away, I launched a few Heavenly scars at her; however, she dodged both of them and launched her own sword wave at me, which I sliced in half with another Heavenly Scar, though when I did, she appeared right behind the attack, trying to take me by surprise.

Since we both had our divine sense's activated, a move like that was almost entirely useless except for getting closer to me, so I was already prepared for her; however, being prepared and successfully stopping her attack are two completely different things. Feeling the sword graze my body for what felt like the one-hundredth time, I attacked her at the same time as she attacked me, forcing her to retreat, but even so, with how long Hokori is, I did manage to graze her forearm.

'We've been fighting for a while; I've learned and seen enough for now; however, before we conclude the battle, let me give her a real test.' Thought Elif as he stopped suppressing his cultivation base and used all of his strength to pressure Idonea, immediately stopping her in her tracks and nearly slamming her into the ground.

Wiping the sweat from my forehead that had accumulated from the battle, I walk to the kneeling Idonea, who's propping herself up with her sword while trying her best to resist the pressure I placed on her.

As I looked down at her, I sensed her bodies condition, which was filled with damaged organs, while watching as she oozed blood from every orifice; however, even while in such pain, the determination in her unflinching eyes never once left, even when knowing that I could kill her, her eyes never shied away from mine as she looked at me with without an ounce of fear.

With a smile, I released the pressure on her and reached my hand out to her.

"Congratulations, you've managed to impress me. Call me your highness from now on." Said Elif with a smirk, though all he got in response was Idonea passing out onto the ground, finally succumbing to the injuries Elif imposed on her.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, it also works this time; I've reset it again, https://discord.gg/gyR4yJcU

___

___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 156: Shocking Truth!?) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 36: Battle Concluded!?) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 56: Scar, Grand, & Trenza Vs The Bear Pirates) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]