ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴍᴏᴍᴏᴛᴀʀᴏ

Even the smallest villages had that special place where the inhabitants could escape the daily morality from time to time. Umbra had "The Lazy Fisherman", an old bar that became a betting house after a tsunami tore through the area, scaring shopkeepers who moved their businesses further into the center of the village.

For an old building that had survived a natural catastrophe, it was holding up quite well. Some of the bricks in the walls were moldy and the name on the sign above the wooden door was barely visible, but the structure was strong and at least the windows were new.

There's no need to wait, go in and find him, if someone gets in the middle you can kill them.

The voice inside Momotaro's mind grew stronger. There was no longer a single moment in which he could be in silence, it was always there, asking for blood, asking for revenge.

Hidden inside an abandoned shop across the street, while he listened to the laughter of one the traitors that handed over his family, there was nothing that Momotaro wanted more than to let himself be carried away by the shadows.

He could already imagine it, that trash screaming for mercy after experiencing the fury of his revenge. He wanted to make him wish he was dead, to make him suffer so much that death seemed the only way to get rid of the pain.

"I have another task to accomplish," he whispered to himself.

Getting information on the whereabouts of the ancient light and his missing companions was his priority, the rest could wait.

"You're a lucky bastard." A man came out of the betting house, he was talking to another person who was walking behind him.

"What can I say? I've been blessed," answered the other man between laughter.

Momotaro reached for the knife inside his pocket. He knew that voice very well, he didn't need to wait for the man to walk into the sunlight to recognize him.

Uriel, one the men that ran away with the ancient light after killing the people he used to call his friends, was about to discover that he wasn't as blessed as he thought he was.

"Dude, I never saw you earning so much money. Lend me some of your luck next time."

"Don't dream of it, the luck is all mine." Uriel punched the other man in the arm. "See you tomorrow, I have some matters to take care of."

"You better not forget to pay your debt, I'm tired of covering for you."

"Don't worry pal, it's all covered, I made a lot of money these last few days."

The two men went their separate ways, making things easier for Momotaro.

The time of the hunt began. I'll take care of this.

Momotaro's hands and feet tingled. Little by little he stopped feeling his legs and arms. Desperate, he tried to move his body, but it no longer responded.

His body fell into a deep sleep and his mind followed it. The darkness surrounded him, he was no longer inside his reality, he was lost in a nothingness that he couldn't understand.

"You're a fucking psychopath!"

His hearing returned.

The sensitivity of his body was waking up, it felt as if he had spent a whole day sleeping. His muscles ached, especially his arms.

What happened to him?

Then he regained his vision. It was clear that he wasn't in the same place, the broken tiles on the floor were gone, in their place there was plain concrete. Frightened of what he might find, Momotaro looked up.