ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰʟᴏʀᴀ

Here is the list of what you broke. I expect to have the money before the end of the month.

The message Flora had been waiting for so long arrived. A part of her felt disappointed about the cold attitude transmitted by the words, she spent the whole morning and previous night looking at her phone numerous times afraid she'd miss the message if she didn't check just to be rewarded with the equivalent of an email from work.

"¿Qué querías que te mandara después de romperle las cosas del laburo? ¿Una invitación para cenar?" She reprimanded herself, dripping her cellphone on the table. 

A moan left her mouth after she took the first sip of her mate. For the young woman very few things could be compared to sitting on her favorite spot under the Jacaranda and drinking mate. One of the best decisions of her life was to place the garden table next to the tree, her breakfasts became magical just by having them in that place. Although that particular morning a bitter sensation contaminated her happiness.

It didn't matter anyway, after all, she was pretending. Sometimes her act worked and for a short period of time Flora believed her own lies, she believed that the eclipse never happened, and that soon Zygmunt would be eating toasts with her.  Other mornings, like the one she was experiencing that day, the base of the tower of lies didn't have enough strength to bear the weight of reality.

Lost in her sorrow, Flora stopped paying attention to her surroundings. Such was her distraction that when her cell phone rang once more she jumped in surprise.

On second thought, I give you time until the second week of January. I'm being nice because of the Holidays.

A smile spread across Flora's face, If Aífe cared enough to be considerate then she still had hope. Before the good humor escaped her body she sent an answer.

Thanks petal, you're the sweetest ;)

Filled with a new conviction she went back into the house to get ready. A long day of investigation awaited her, at least she'll have Clio's company.

She put on her most comfortable sneakers and grabbed her backpack. Flora closed all the doors and windows and took one last look at her living room. The papers and clothes thrown on the floor and the chair told her that she needed to take time to tidy up, the original idea was to take that day to clean since she didn't have to work but Agatha's disappearance changed her plans.

"Ya fue, limpio mañana," she told herself, then she left the house.

The young journalist lived close to the center of the village, about a ten minute walk away. She never used her car when she went there, plus the beautiful sunny weather made her want to walk.  The flowers greeted her as she passed by, they held a calm energy for the first time since the eclipse, however Flora knew that their joy would never last long.

Once she arrived at Benny's she spotted Clio's red hair. Holding a laugh she sneaked behind her friend who seemed to be distracted by a stray cat.

"¿Qué estás haciendo?" She screamed.

Clio was startled, she turned around and hit the other girl on the head.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Plenty of things are wrong with me," answered Flora. "As my friend you should know that, I'm offended."

The redhead looked unimpressed, she shook her head and sighed.

"I swear that every day you get worse than the last one. At this rate you'll be at the mental institution soon."

"Great! You can come with me and we can use matching outfits, crazy best friends forever." Flora sent a kiss to her friend. "Do you think I can have a vacation if they hospitalize me?"