"Whatever." He rolled his eyes and turned off the light on his side.

I shrugged and went to bed hugging Mr. Pillow Malhotra after turning off the lights on my side. The room is now dark except for the nightlight entering from the glass window. Only our breathing sound is audible in this silent night.

Manik turned on his right to have a look at him and rolled his eyes in frustration seeing Mr. Pillow Malhotra in between us.

"Nandini, could you please move this stupid thing out of here or stop hugging it?"

Is he jealous?

"Are you jealous of the pillow, Manik?" I chuckled.

"Me? Why would I be? That too a pillow. That's so stupid." He scoffed. "You are putting it in between us and holding it too close to your body. I am just worried you might inhale pillow fibre or whatever."

He fell on his head and covered his face with his palms. "What am I even speaking?"

I chuckled once again. "Mr. Pillow Malhotra is not toxic, Manik. See." I sniffed the pillow and hugged it tighter.

Manik was annoyed this time and sat upright on the bed. "Alright. I am jealous of that stupid little thing who's getting more attention than me. Happy?"

"Huh? Manik it's just a pillow." I said putting it infront of his face and he pushed it away.

Manik pulled me closer by my jaw so that our faces are a few inches apart. "I don't care. All I know is, it must be only us. Nothing must replace us. Your soft body must be pressed against mine and I must feel your warm breath over my chest."

His eyes were intently staring at my lips and eyes that I gasped for air. I pushed him and covered myself into the duvets.

Someone please lower the temperature as I can't come out of my sheets. I am not even hugging Mr. Pillow Malhotra after Manik's narration. What have got myself into?

A minute later I heard the light switch off and I slowly peeked from my sheets. Manik is lying on his side facing his back to me.

I never noticed but Manik has broad shoulders and narrow waist even from back. His sleeveless vest which he wears to sleep at night is assisting my eyes to look at his muscular arms.

Dude is so strong!

I couldn't sleep after Manik's words. My stupid, mischievous and evil brain organ is giving me an idea to hug him and sleep.

But how?

We have never cuddled before. Should I ask him to teach me? Ah! That's worse thing to do to embarrass myself.

With thudding heart I lifted my right hand to wrap around his waist. When I was a few inches away Manik turned towards me and raised his eyebrow.

"There are excess pillows under your head. You see we have to balance pillow ratios in the room. If we have one under head then five pillows must be on the couch." I rambled and hit myself internally.

Manik didn't argue and threw the pillows on the couch. Now it's only us on the bed lying on our back and staring at the ceiling.

How should I ask him? I seriously need help.

"Manik." I called him.

"Hmm." He responded immediately.

Why? Why must he respond so soon? Now what can I say? I didn't prepare.

"Only for this night, we can sleep without borders." Manik's eyes glinted with mischief.

"Woah!" A few minutes later he moved closer to me leaving only hair breadth gap between us.