• Chapter-3 •

LAVENDER had came back to her senses which was completely lost in him.

She looked away and returned back to her cold self. She came downstairs and slowly sat on the couch beside her.

Her mind was filled with many thoughts right now.

Andrew was admired by her beauty but was still in thoughts of having her cold expression. He glanced down at her hoping to get noticed by Lavender.

But she tried her best not to look at him. He also sat on the couch and he was facing towards Lavender.

Mia cleared her throat only to get Lavender's attention while coming back to her senses once again.

Mia then spoke while sitting beside Andrew and Aunt Sara sat beside Lavender.

" Lavender.... meet Andrew Jones... he is a music composer... and Andrew this Lavender Smith my cousin sister..."

Lavender glanced innocently at Andrew while he gave a warm smile to Lavender.

He mouthed 'hi' and offered for a handshake.

Lavender, for few seconds stared at his hand and then awkwardly shook his hands.

He felt her hands so soft and warm but it lasted for a little while as she immediately backed of her hands. She was avoiding his gaze and looked away with a little embarrassment.

" Lavender... Andrew has came for a hand in marriage... with you..."

Lavender's eyes wide open as she looked at Mia who spoke these words. Her lips parted in shock.

Meanwhile, Andrew wasn't expecting this type of reaction. He had noticed that how the coldness in her eyes disappeared and how her eyes looked sad.

Suddenly Sara spoke in between " Lavender.. I know you would really agree to this marriage... I mean to say he is tho a really handsome and rich guy~"

Lavender looked at her aunt and her expression was like she was about to cry. She didn't want to get married really soon.

She bit her lower lip to stop her from crying as her aunt glared and signaled her to say yes. She glanced at Andrew and sofly says "yes"

Andrew was surprised by her reply. He smiled back at Lavender but for some reason his smile dropped. He was like... he should be happy that he is marrying a girl who he likes from very first sight but at the same he wasn't sure that Lavender was comfortable or happy agreeing this.

Well he didn't want Lavender to force herself so he said..

"Lavender.... are you really ok with it... I mean I won't force you if you don't want us to get married... I may look for someone els-"

" I am fine Andrew"

No she wasn't with it..

" I will marry you.."

I don't want to marry you...

She spoke while controlling the tears and sadness in her throat which was paining right now.

Andrew then spoke " ohh ok then....." And she responded with a slight nod.

As he was about to go Lavender spoke in between.

" You are going without eating something.. do you want something to eat?? I will prepare for y-"

" No thanks... I just came from home to eat food so I am full now" He cutted of her words.

Andrew was squealing inside for getting married to her and bowed to her family. He waved goodbye to Lavender while she returned with a small wave 👋.

Lavender rushed to her room and cried harder.. her life is going to be given to someone she doesn't knew.

" Mom !!!! Look at Lavender!!! Why did you forced her to get married!! "

"That guy was rich and if she is sold to them then we can get enough profit!!!! "

" Mom you only care about money!!!"

And they continued to argue...

***

Andrew had came to know about Lavender more. He figured out that she was an orphan and her parents had died in a car accident when she was 5 years old. From that she lived with her aunt and her cousin sister.

He wanted to know more about her... but he never got a chance. From that day he became restless all night.

All through his mind was her innocent looking face. She didn't talked much but he knew she was hiding something.

She had stole his heart from the very first sight..

He sighed and smiled to himself. He just couldn't get her off from his head. Maybe he had a tiny crush on her.

He tightly closed his eyes and covered his face with his palm. He leaned back on his spinning chair and the let his chair spin slowly around.
" What are you doing to me Lavender... Ahh~" He whispered softly to himself and sounding more like a school teenager getting noticed by his first crush.

" Who is doing what to you? Andrew...?"

He heard a voice entering in his music studio.

Holy Crap....

He immediately opened his eyes, straightened his position on the chair and immidiately faced the computer screen.

His eyes lids turned towards the door were he saw his two friends.. James and Fred standing outside.

"Ummm... heyy... whatchu doin here?" Andrew asked nervously.

James replied " I came here to congrats for the wedding brother...!! By the way who is doing what to you?"

Andrew bit is lower lip lightly for trying not to blush... which he failed miserably..

" A-Actually... don't say this to anyone... I will tell you." He shyly said.

He then continued while closing his eyes tightly. "I-I fell in love with someone at f-first sight I guess "

Both his friends widened there eyes and smiled teasingly looking at flustered Andrew.

Fred said while wriggling his eyebrows " Awww.... someone is in love~ you can't hide your blushing cheeks mahn!! Who made you this shy huh??"

Andrew told everything that happened at Lavender's house, including how he fell for her, how she looked, dramas of her aunt and how she doesn't have parents.

"Ohh that's sad that she have to live with some aunt... but anyways I hope that she gets comfortable around you after getting married..." Fred commented.

"I know that.... you know there is really something about her that's distracting me.... she looks fine but her eyes are telling she isn't.. I even asked her that is she fine with this marriage and in response she said yes but it seems like she isn't happy." Andrew said.

" Maybe she isn't happy with her aunt... but don't worry she would be happy after coming in your house..." James replied.

"I hope so~"

***