P. 36 {Outsiders}

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, we are," I shuffled in front of him.

"That's good. I'm happy for you," he seemed genuine.

"Thanks Taehyung," I smiled up at him. "Look, about that whole mess..."

"I told you (Y/N), there's no need to explain. I had my own issues to deal with and was trying to hold on to a girl who obviously didn't want me. It's okay."

Somewhat offended, I was quick to correct him. "Hey, that's not it at all. You were so sweet to me Taehyung and I did like you."

"I just wasn't your number one pick," he smirked down at me. "Seriously, it's okay. I'm not mad. As I said I had my own issues to deal with."

"Okay but I don't want you to think I was using you. We've always been good friends and I really want us to stay that way. I don't want this to end over something as stupid as boys."

He chuckled. "It's funny you should say that because..." He stopped and looked past me suddenly. I turned to see Namjoon still at the table, watching us.

"Oh, don't worry about him. He's the jealous type but he's not going to do anything."

"Hunh?," Tae looked at me questioningly.

"Namjoon. He's just gonna sit there and glare. As long as we don't touch, he should be good."

"Oh, I wasn't looking at him. I was looking at Hoseok. Or as you call him, Hobi."

I turned back around to see Hoseok walking our way.

"Hey, babe," he said with his big Hobi smile.

"Hey," both Taehyung and I said in unison.

I was surprised Taehyung would even answer to something like that but even more surprised to see Jung Hoseok walk up and place an arm around his waist.

My mouth fell open and I blinked hard several times before literally screeching out "WHAT?!"

"Yeah, this was my issue (Y/N). I've known for a while now that I was attracted to guys too. You had it all wrong when you thought I would think you were using me. Because I think I was using you."

The conversation came back to me of Taehyung telling me he needed me when we broke things off. He pleaded so hard for me to stay by his side and now the picture is becoming more and more clear as to why he was just so desperate for us to continue even after I had hurt him. He was fighting his inner being. Well, I'm glad he figured it out and came to terms with himself.

"Oh, no, no, no. I get it. And you are absolutely fine in my book. I'm happy for you."

The smile on his face only brightened as he was happy with my acceptance of him. You could tell this was something that had been weighing heavy on his heart.

"So, how long have you two been a thing?," I looked to Hoseok for answers.

I had known about Hobi years ago. I wish Taehyung had had the courage to tell me but I understood why he kept something like that to himself. The world was not kind to same sex relationships and caution had to be taken at every turn.

"Well, we tried something a few years back but Taehyung was so deep in the closet, I could never tell anyone. When he went off to school, I just gave up. But then you brought him by the studio and all those same feelings came crashing back in. At the time, though, he was courting you and as two of my favorite people, I didn't want to interfere."

"Once, we broke it off, I was forced to be real with myself. I called Hoseok to talk about it and he told me that I was only hurting myself by staying in that closet," he poked Hobi in the ribs getting a giggle out of him.