Chapter 21: Christmas with the Taylors (Day 1)

Start from the beginning

Caden- ah huh I see how it is.

Jade- by the way Riley I want you to meet my friends Nika and Hana.

Hayden- yeah and Hana here is my girlfriend.

It's nice to meet you Riley. (I have heard about Riley a couple times and it sounds like she is great. I hope we can be friends.)

Riley hugs both of us and then hugs the rest of the Taylor family.

Dex- now we can start? Tonight is the night before Christmas Eve so we first play games. We break up into two teams and whatever team wins gets a prize. This year every team member gets $100, plus gets to pick the Christmas movie as a team. Which everyone will watch before going to bed. So does everyone understand?

Jade- yes we understand, so let's get into teams because I am ready to win this thing.

Hayden- just so everyone knows, Jade has won every single year. That means if you are on her team and she finally loses her winning streak she will never let you forget it.

Caden- so no pressure.

Hana- that sounds like a lot of pressure. But that's okay me and my sister thrive under pressure.

That's so true Hana.

Addie- okay, so let's draw for teams. Everyone take a slip of paper. It will tell you if you are on the blue or red team.

Addie shakes the bag that has the slips of paper. She lets Hana draw first.

Hana- Blue team

Then Hayden

Hayden- Red team

Then Caden

Caden- Blue team

Then Riley

Riley- Red team

Then me

Red team

Then Dex

Dex- Blue team

Finally it was Jade's turn

Jade- Red team

Which means Addie is on the blue team.

Okay so now that we have our teams let's start the first game.

The first game is trivia.

They spin a wheel to pick the category. The category is Movies.

Caden- red team will win this one, because Jade is the movie buff in our family.

Which turns out to be true. Because she didn't miss a single question.

Hayden- so Red team is in the lead because of Jade.

The second game is two different board games. Two members from each team will play one of the board games.

Me and Jade decided to play uno while Riley and Hayden played sorry. Which we won playing uno, but lost at sorry. So we are still winning by one.

The third game is where we get blind folded to guess what the object is that we are handed. Which makes us tie because Hayden didn't know what his object was.

Which brings us to the last challenge. We head towards the back of the house which is like an athletic center. They even have a indoor basketball court it's only half court but still cool.

They made this last challenge for me and Hana. Whoever wins this game of pig wins the challenge.

I am not going to lose this for Jade. This was honestly the longest game of pig I have ever played, but that's when I realized what I had to do to win. I had to do hard dribbling before each shot and she had to copy but she couldn't which means Jade's winning streak is still in tact.

We all group hug, and Dex hands us our prizes.

Caden- So what Christmas movie are we watching.

We all huddled up to agree on a movie, and we decided to watch the live action Grinch movie with Jim Carrey.

Before we watched the movie. We changed into pjs and then got food and drinks. I sat next to Jade while everyone else sits with their couples.

Honestly I don't know why I was so worried about being here. It is definitely going to be a day I remember for the rest of my life.

Plus, the way they talk about their mom I figured that she would be more judgmental and strict. But she isn't and I feel like I can be myself.

After the movie we all went to our rooms. Jade shows me that my room is right next door and that we share a bathroom. We can enter and exit through both of our rooms. Which means that I can sneak back to my room in the morning no problem.

So we both enter our separate rooms but I walked through the bathroom to get to her room.

The moment I reach her I kiss her.

Jade- definitely need that lol.

Me too.

Jade- it's been such a long day, but it was super fun.

It was definitely fun.

We cuddled up in bed together.

Your family is very nice and you definitely got your personality from your dad.

Jade- I love my family but sometimes we can be too much.

My family is the same way.

Jade- just don't forget to be careful around my mom. Oh and I want to tell my dad tomorrow morning about us. My mom has to go for work and won't be back until later in the afternoon.

Sounds great, and I definitely can't wait. ( I kiss her.)

And we fall asleep in each other's arms. And this time we sleep peacefully together for the first time.

Author note: What do you think will happen when they tell Jade's dad? Well we will find out in the next chapter and don't forget to comment.