Chapter 7

Hailey's POV.

I quickly adjusted my skirt, feeling slightly embarrassed.

Did he purposely do that?

No, he didn't even do anything. I was the one that  fell backwards and that made my skirt go all the way up. I just happen to be a clumsy human being. I wouldn't have fallen backwards if he didn't lift my leg up. Who does that?

My boss, Aiden wouldn't dare to take advantage of me. Well, to be precise who would. Nobody has ever even tried holding my hands to start with.

Mr. Aiden just saw my thighs and right now I feel embarrassed. I want to cry my heart out for letting a cruel, mean and selfish man see me.

At first, I thought he wasn't all that but he is. He doesn't care about anyone but himself. He didn't even apologize or think of helping me up, rather he remained silent like nothing happened. He doesn't have feeling for a single person but himself.

I ran out of his office in tears.

I'm going to quit my job. It's the best thing for me. I'm never going to show my face to that man they call Aiden. He's just like all other rich people. They're all the same. They don't care about people like us but themselves.

I went back to the coffee shop only to see Isabella busy with some customers. My eyes were welled with tears as I tried cleaning it with the back of my hand.

"What happened?" She asked as soon as she saw me cleaning my teary eyes.

I kept on sobbing until she sat me down on the nearest chair.

"What's wrong Hailey?" She kept on asking but I didn't answer.

She let me be for a while before returning back to me when she was less busy. She handed me a cup of coffee and I exhaled deeply after taking a sip.

"Thanks." I tell her and she just smiles at me. She has this cheerful smile. A smile that conveys happiness and cheerfulness.

"Now do you mind telling me what happened?"

I heaved a sigh before staring into her green hazel eyes.

"Do you think my boss would want to take advantage of me?"

"What?" She stared at me in shock. I could see her eyes widen at the thought of it. "You mean the man in black suit that came to this coffee shop some days ago.

I nod my head.

"Well..... did he do anything to you?"
She asked, demonstrating with her hands.

"Um....he just seems to be doing weird things like carrying me because I couldn't get into his car and secondly, he lifted my leg up so he could see my injured foot and in the process, my skirt got pulled up revealing my thighs." I was almost in tears again.

Isabella walks to my side and pats me on the back.

"I know this types," Isabella says, biting her lower lip. Well, of course she does. She's literally dated all types of guys.

Well, if that makes sense.....

"I got two things to say to you," she raises her middle and index finger, indicating the number 'two'. "One... it's either he's just experiencing love for the first time or two..... he's trying to take advantage of you."

Of course, I chose the second one because I don't think my boss would be in love with me. I scoff at the thought of it. But why would my boss be trying to take advantage of me.

"So.... where's Lucas?" I ask, looking around the shop.

Isabella thinks for a bit before answering.

"He's left."