Four hours of Happiness

Hi there!

This one-shot is written for DBshipsWeek: Wedding / Passion and is loosely based on the Mirai Timeline of RozenPhox's still ongoing fan manga "Temptation."

Four Hours of Happiness

A bright light... A heavy pull behind his belly button... Voices...

Confused, he tried to make sense of what just happened. One moment he was laying in the ever-green grass, enjoying the nice breeze while clearing his head - something he wasn't able to do as much even though he was in Other World - and the other moment he was...

He was...

"You have four hours, that's it."

Turning to the sound he saw a little old lady with pink hair sitting on a floating orb.

"Sure I cannot persuade you to let him stay a little longer?" another - very familiar - voice asked.

"You paid for four hours, so four hours is what you get," the short woman was determined and without saying anything else, she hovered out of the window mumbling, "Can't believe they actually talked me into staying longer on this wrecked planet for this."

A deep sigh was heard, "Sorry Gohan, I wish I could've paid her more, but resources are still very slim."

Still confused, Gohan looked at the woman standing across the room. Her long blue hair was tied together in a low ponytail, but the orange overalls with the red baseball cap he saw her the most in back in the day were replaced for a neat moss-green dress, "B-Bulma?"

Bulma walked towards him and gave him a hug. "It has been a while since I've seen you," she pulled away to eye him, giving him a sad smile "Oh, look at you... Your clothes are still ruined and you look like a mess. You need to get a quick shower and change. I brought you something you can wear instead. Hurry, we're wasting precious time!"

While being pushed towards a bathroom Gohan mumbled, "I-I don't understand... Why am I here? What's going on?"

"Hop, hop!" Bulma ordered while turning on the shower, "I'll explain, but we need to hurry! We are already behind schedule." She turned her back to give the half-Saiyan some privacy as he started to undress himself and stepped into the shower, still utterly confused.

"Baba left the planet after things got worse... Trying to try her luck elsewhere. But after she heard rumors the androids were defeated, she came back to see if Roshi had survived. Roshi contacted me immediately... and here we are."

As the warm water ran over his face, it slowly sank in that he was back on Earth for some reason, "Why?" He glanced up and sighed; he could vaguely see the glow of his halo... he was still dead.

"You'll see. I'm not going to ruin the surprise."

Bulma suddenly opened the cabin Gohan was standing in and turned off the shower, "Okay, enough."

"Hey!" the half-Saiyan exclaimed, shocked.

"Here," she threw him a towel to cover himself, ignoring his embarrassment, "Dry yourself with your Ki, we need to hurry."

Gohan did what she requested and his eyes fell on the clothes that were put out for him, "A suit?"

"Yes, a suit..." she repeated as she threw him a pair of boxers, "Put these on and I'll help you with the rest."

Not much later he was walking through a hallway with Bulma, neatly dressed in a custom-made suit and still clueless about why he was actually here. They stopped at a big wooden door, "Wait here, I'll be right back."