Prologue: Paradise on Earth

We're the Pogues. And our mission for this summer, is to have a good time, all the time.

John B Routledge takes a sip of his beer and looks down to the ground. Cautiously moving his foot around, deciding to jump or not.

"That's what, a three story fall to the deck?" Exclaims Pope. "I give you about a one in three chances survival"

John B looks down at us and asks "Should I do it?"

"Yeah, you should jump, I'll shoot you on the way down" and he points his drill at John B jokingly.

"There gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers" Kiara says, with a confused looked on her face.

"Of course they are, why wouldn't they?" JJ gives her a sarcastic look. "This used to be a turtle habitat. Nobody cares about the turtles here. Neither in Hawaii! " I say, giving Kiara a pissed look.

"I can't have cold towels" JJ says, and I shoot him a quick glare. "Shut up, JJ" I roll my eyes and steal his beer to get a drink. "Hey!" Before I can get a sip, he yanks it out of my grasp, causing it to spill.

"Well, fuck you Kealohi" JJ points his finger at me. "You forgot the 'I want to' in the first part" I smirk, while he shakes his head.

"Can you please not kill yourself?" Kiara says with a worried expression. John B rolls his eyes at her comment.

"Don't spill that beer. I'm not giving you another one" Pope gives JJ a 'really?' look. And of course John B drops his beer after JJ says that.

"Of course you did, like right when I told you-" Pope cuts him off. "Hey uh, security's here. Let's wrap it off?"

"Let's go boys" I say. I grab JJ's hand that's not holding the beer and run into the building, knowing that we're about to have some fun.

"Gary is that you?" JJ calls to the officer, trying to make him angry. "Ho, long time no see brah?" I fake smile at the guard, making him mad.

We all start running through the house that's being remodeled, then I trip on a piece of wood.

"Oh shit" I say out loud. JJ just laughs at me and pulls me up. "Shut your fucking mouth, Maybank" I growl at him, but he just keeps running.

He looks back at me and then has a face of guilt. He raises an eyebrow at me, realizing I tripped my bad ankle, and was now limping.

We get out of the building and he helps me hop the fence. "Keep going! Fatso's coming!"

When Pope hops it, his foot gets caught and he lands on the ground. I find out he's okay when JJ and him are laughing.

"John B! Hurry up! Come on, man, he's coming!" I shout at the boy.

John B pulls onto the grass, and we all the in the family van, the Twinkie. "Finally bro, could you go any slower?" I sass him, and he flips me off.

Everyone starts laughing when we realize Gary, the security guard is running after us. "Hey, JB, slow down a little" JJ tells him. "Hey Gary, come on, your so close!" He holds out a beer for Gary to grab, then he tosses it to him and Gary tried to catch it.

"JJ stop! You're gonna give him a heart attack"  Kiara says, shaking her head. "Aw come on, that sort of initiative is just begging to be punished" I laugh at his comment and he smiles at me.

Welcome to the Outer Banks,
Paradise on Earth.

It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs, or two houses. Two tribes, one island.

It really reminds me of Hawaii, because of the whole rich and broke thingy. But instead of broke, we call it ghetto.

So the first tribe, is Figure Eight, the rich side of the island. Home of the kooks. So guess where we don't live?