Hate Is A Strong Word

Hearing your tantrum Bada loosens her grip and you manage to escape. "I read your little note, or should I say demand" you tell her still looking at her with anger. "I'm sorry Bada, but I'm not your puppy anymore. I know that once you would order me to do anything and I'd do it because I wanted your validation and attention, but you don't phase me now."

See now looks with you seriously. "Y/N you can't be with Kristen. I don't care how much you hate me, you have to listen go me, you can't be with her."

"Why?" You ask while collecting yourself to get ready to leave. "Who are you to tell her who she can and can't date?" She rolls her eyes in frustration and shouts "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHO SHE DATES! IT JUST SHOULDN'T BE YOU"

You are stunned. You could ask her to calm down but you love how mad you've made her, so you decide to drag it even more. "Well it's not my fault your crush likes your enemy. Life happens. After we break up you might get a chance with her." You now crack a smile at her to piss her off.

Her eyes have softened. She smacks her hand onto her forehead and looks up. You hear her mumble about how you make it harder for her and you being the death of her. You raise your eyebrow but decide that it's already late and turn around to leave. As you're leaving you turn your head and shout back at her:

"Don't bother to follow me home Bada. I'd get flashbacks from the last time and I'd really hate the idea. But if it means that after you're done you'll disappear from my life once again and I'll never see you anywhere from now on, then that makes me think about it."

You hear her motorcycle leave in the opposite direction of you.

Hate is a strong word. For a moment you regret using it to describe your experience of kissing Bada. You might hate her, the way she treated you, her reaction and the way she humiliated you. But the kiss? No that was arguably the best kiss of your life. She can't know that tho.

When you get home you see a bunch of messages from Nalani checking if you got home safe. You call her and tell her everything that happened. She is surprised but equally mad that Bada thought she has the right to control wether you hit on Kristen or not.

When you two hang up you open instagram intending to dm Kristen. A very specific notification catches your attention before you do it.

@badalee__ started following you

You are about to lose your shit. What's her problem? You click on her profile to stalk her and accidentally like one of her mirror pics showing her abs from two weeks ago. Almost instantly you get a notification about a new message.

@badalee__ : And I'm the stalker one?
@y/n: you literally follow me everywhere. From my house to my instagram.
@badalee__: I don't like your two weeks old thirst traps tho.
@y/n: you've stalked them I'm sure. And I didn't even pay attention to the picture. I was just checking to see the type of content you post.
@badalee__: works of art are to be exhibited. Stalk me as much as you want. I'd appreciate a follow back as wel ;).

You type fast, almost enthusiastically. You have completely forgotten you wanted to text Kristen two minutes ago. You now find yourself laughing at the way Bada talks to you, almost like she did back then.

@y/n: I'll think about it teacher. I hate you from default remember?

Out of old habit you called her teacher, as you used to do. By the time you notice she has already read the message.

@badalee__: hate is a strong word darling. No student stays up to 2AM chatting with a teacher who they hate.

She not only doesn't make fun of you for calling her that, but she also continues it. This wakes up an oddly warm feeling for you. You quickly wake up and text her: