I Dare You

Oh fúck, I can't believe I'm actually going through with this.

I was currently prowling through the darkness of Simon's room, like a lion about to pounce on it's prey. Simon laid sprawled across his king-sized bed, lost in a peaceful slumber, completely oblivious to my presence. I stalked closer to his bed and hovered over his sleeping figure. I held my breath afraid that even the smallest sound would wake him.

I settled over him, taking in his breathtakingly beautiful features. His long dark eyelashes, his small narrow nose, his pink plump perfectly kissable lips and his perfectly chiseled jawline. His olive skin glowed angelically in the moon light pouring in through the window. His dark, thick locks of hair clung to forehead due to perspiration. Simon was truly God's gorgeously wrapped gift to women.

Feeling emboldened, I reached out and brushed his hair from out his face. I stiffened when he stirred in his sleep, mumbling unfathomable words.

I can't do it, I thought. The whole reason I was in Simon's room, at this unholy hour, lurking around like a creepy stalker, was because of Julia. Julia was Simon's cousin and also one of my best friends. I was crazy about Simon and Julia unfortunately found out tonight at our sleepover, due to a game of Truth or Dare. I picked truth.

"Who's your crush?" She'd asked.

"Simon," I'd confessed, blushing like crazy. The other girls didn't stop teasing, which was why when it came around for me to pick again, I'd made the dreadful decision of choosing dare.

"I dare you to sleep with Simon," Julia cooed.

I shook my head furiously, "Nah-uh. No way am I doing that."

"C'mon Jay, don't be such a pússy."

If there was one thing I couldn't handle, it was someone calling me a pússy. And because I wanted to prevent myself from being deemed a pússy I took up the challenge. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how I ended up in Simon's room.

I came to realize the horrible truth, though. I was indeed a pússy because I couldn't bring myself to go through with it. My heart was hammering against my ribcage way too hard. My limbs wouldn't stop trembling and I was sweating profusely. I definitely couldn't do it.

I turned around to go, but hand caught a stack of discs on his bedside table and sent them crashing to floor. I clamped my eyes shut, paralyzed in my steps. I sent up a silent prayer to God, begging him to not let the now stirring Simon open his eyes and see me. But I guess God didn't hear me because...

"Jailene?" Simon mumbled groggily, "What are you doing in here?"

I mentally cursed as I turned to face him with the must innocent smile I could muster, " S-Simon... I-I was...you know...um...I was looking for...the cat. Yes, the cat. Kitty were are you?" I pretended to search for the nonexistent cat.

He sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes so he could focus more on me. "But we don't have a cat." His brows furrowed in confusion.

"Really? Well I guess I was just seeing things," I laughed nervously. "Um, well goodnight."

"OK. Goodnight."

I turned and hurried to the door. Just as I was about turn the knob, I stopped. I had made it this far and now, here I was running away like a pússy. I decided to man up for once. Even if I was only able to get a kiss from him before he chased me from his room and maybe even his life, I decided that it would be worth it.