🌹 | nothing to lose. (18)

Start from the beginning

"Guys- guys we have to go!" I yell, looking at the island to see if they've noticed us yet.

"That's them!" I hear the SBI and sherries department all yell.

John b quickly twists the key, but the engine splutters, and doesn't turn on.

"Shit, John b, is it not turning on?" Sarah asks.

"No, it's not turning on!" John b yells.

I run over to John b, trying to turn it on myself.

"What do we do?!" Sarah shouts.

"Check the engine!" John b and I tell her.

She runs over to the back of the boat. "What am I looking for?"

"The choke!" I shout.

"What?"

"The ball the little ball!" John b yells quickly.

"Just squeeze the ball sarah!!" I scream.

"I'm squeezing it!" She cries.

John b runs over to her to help while i continue trying to power on the engine.

"Is it working Darla?" John b calls out.

I turn the key, and the engine rumbles, then powers on.

"Yes, yes!" I yell.

John b runs over and start to accelerate while I go back to Sarah to help her to the front of the boat at its speed picks up.

We sit down in the seats so that we don't go flying off the boat.

I look behind me and see two police boats zooming toward us, but they're speed cannot catch up with us just yet.

"Oh my god, they're on us!" Sarah informs us.

"I know, Sarah. Okay?" John b says, stressed out.

The rain starts to pour down on the boat. In the distance we see more police boats heading for us.

"Shit!" I cry.

I look at John b. "We have no choice but to head West."

He clenched his jaw, hesitant. The wind is stronger that way, and pushing in the direction.

"We need to!"

"I know, All right!" He turns the wheel very quickly. "Hold onto something!"

Sarah and I hold onto the railing.

He takes a very sharp turn west.

We look at the monitor on the side. "They're coming from behind the cut!" Sarah cries.

I bite my nails. "Fuck! We gotta head South!"

"Into the storm?" Sarah yelps.

"Yes, into the storm!" I say.

We accelerate south, the waves crash into the boat and hit us everytime.

The water washes over us like swimming pools.

I hold onto Sarah tight, then I hold onto John b.

Suddenly we hear radio static, and Ward Cameron's voice calls out John bs name on the radio.

"John b?"

I gasp.

"John b I know you are there, son. I know you can hear me, and.. if you love my daughter like I think you love my daughter, then you will turn that body around and come back. You are going into a storm that you cannot survive."