Maeve raised her eyebrows at how Luke referred to Jess' black Metallica shirt, admittedly not seeing an issue with it, but disregarding the thought due to the fact that Luke owned the diner, and what he says, goes. She moved to the 'coffee station'—as she previously outwardly declared it—and began to refill the coffee pot, watching the interaction between Luke and his nephew play out like they were stars in a primetime comedy.

"What?" Jess slightly shook his head, as he had no idea what his uncle was referring to.

"That." Luke unsatisfactorily pointed directly to Jess' shirt.

Jess just glanced down at his attire before meeting Luke's irritated gaze again, mockingly answering as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "That is a shirt."

"Change." Luke demanded.

"What?" Jess narrowed his eyes at the man in bewilderment.

"Go upstairs, and change your shirt." Luke commanded more assertively than the previous time.

"I like this shirt." Jess' previously inquisitive tone shifted into one of slight frustration as he began to feel insulted by Luke's assertions.

"How can you like that shirt?" Luke cringed as he slightly leaned back and surveyed the shirt again, almost as if trying to decipher some form of admirable quality about it.

"It brings out my eyes." Jess curtly remarked.

"Hey, part of the deal of you stayin' here is that you work here, and when you work here, you will wear proper work attire." Luke's voice shifted to its previously direct one, the man then gesturing to Maeve as he continued, who had quickly darted her eyes back to the coffee pot when Jess and Luke directed their collective attentions to her. "See Maeve? She's wearing proper work attire. Not this heavy metal band merchandise crap you're wearing."

"My mistake, I'll just borrow one of her fluffy pink sweaters next time." Jess just irritatedly raised his eyebrows, facing his uncle again as he fired back a sardonic reply before briefly casting his eyes back to Maeve, continuing his taunt to drive the point home to Luke. "You got a purple blouse I can wear?"

"Hey." Maeve shot a frown towards the boy, a little offended that he automatically assumed that she didn't own any band shirts, or any item of clothing, in general, that wasn't a stereotypical 'girly' colour.

"Jess, that is not proper work attire." Luke harshly snapped, catching his nephew's—and, consequently, Maeve, Delaney, Rory, and Lorelai's—gazes. "Now, go upstairs and change into something that won't scare the hell out of my customers."

Coldness flashed through Jess' eyes as he just dragged them back to his uncle's. "Whatever you say, Uncle Luke."

With that, Jess shot a final, displeased glare at Luke before storming back upstairs.

"Gross t-shirt." Lorelai voiced once the boy was out of sight and earshot.

"Yeah." Rory widened her eyes in agreement with her mother.

Delaney cringed as she nodded. "Yep."

"Good band." Lorelai then raised her eyebrows as her voice shifted into a more positive tone.