Tell Her You Love Her

"Holy crap Lauren, just tell her." Normani said.

Lauren had invited her friend over to her house. She needed someone to talk to, and Normani was usually the first person she'd go to.

For as long as the girl could remember, Lauren was completely head over heels in love with Camila, one of her best friends. But she had always been too afraid of getting rejected, or worse, losing the sunshine of her life forever. The last thing Lauren wanted was to ruin their friendship.

"You're saying that like it's easy." Lauren covered her face with her hands and groaned.

"But that's the thing, what if it is?"

"Nuh uh," Lauren shook her head, "there's no way it's that easy. If it were, I wouldn't be so goddamn messed up about it."

Normani watched Lauren silently as her friend stood up and started to pace around her bedroom.

"I'm going over to Camila's house tomorrow. Why don't I talk to her about it? Maybe she feels the same way."

Lauren stopped in her tracks and whipped her head in Normani's direction.

"No, no, no! Please don't Mani, just...please. Don't. This is my problem, and I have to fix it myself."

Normani suddenly stood and walked up to Lauren till they were face to face.

"You told me about your crush. You've vented to me a dozen times. You come to me because you want my advise. Don't say that you all of a sudden don't want my help. It's too late for that. I'm in this now." She said carefully. They stared into each other's eyes for a long time. Lauren eventually broke the eye contact.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I should never have told you in the first place." Lauren whispered as she ran a hand through her hair frustratedly and began pacing the room again.

"I'm glad you told me. I'm your best friend Lauren. I knew there was something weird going on with you anyway. Did you seriously think I'd never figure it out?"

Lauren stayed quiet. Normani sighed heavily and checked her phone.

"It's getting late. I'm supposed to be home before dinner. I'll see you later?" The dark skinned girl went over to the door, but lingered in the doorway.

"Yeah. See you." Lauren nodded and turned away. Normani smiled softly and left the room.

The rest of the day, all Lauren could think about was Camila. But then again, that wasn't new.

The petite, lively brunette was never far from her mind. Even as it became nighttime, and Lauren was brushing her teeth in the bathroom, she stared at the mirror in front of her; but what she saw wasn't her reflection. Camila was there, her warm brown eyes staring right back at her, with one of her signature grins plastered across her face.

Lauren wished constantly that she didn't have to daydream anymore. That what she wanted to happen between her and Camilla could actually come to be. She went to sleep with the image of Camila sitting on the beach in a bikini, her long dark hair blowing in the breeze.

---------------------------------------------------------

"So did she say anything?" Lauren asked anxiously. Normani smiled at her friend's eagerness.

It was the day after Normani went over to Camila's house, and they were at school, more specifically outside during lunch.

"Like what Lauren? That she confessed her love to you? 'Cause she didn't. She didn't say a thing about you."