I'm Not Gay

"I'm not gay."

"I know you're not," Camila whispered as she rubbed soothing patterns over the girl's bare back. She enjoyed having Lauren like she was right then; half-naked and sitting between Camila's legs while she massaged the toned muscles in her back.

"And I don't like girls," Lauren added, followed by a sigh of satisfaction. Camila knew every place in Lauren that held the most tension, and she was damn good at undoing the various knots in her back.

"I know."

Lauren let their words hang in the air between them. She closed her eyes to fully take in the bliss that she felt.

She was in a safe place, where Camila could always be found, ready to accept Lauren with outstretched arms. There was no danger, no one to scold her for being who she was with Camila. Lauren inhaled a deep, calming breath.

"But I do like you," she mumbled over her shoulder.

"I knew that too," Camila chuckled softly.

Lauren leaned back into the other girl and took ahold of Camila's hands. She held them firmly in her lap. Silently accepting it, Camila relaxed against the pillows behind her and rested her chin on Lauren's left shoulder.

"What's your favorite song?" Camila asked.

"My what?" Lauren turned her head and sent an eyebrow raise to the girl situated behind her.

"You know...music. That stuff that people listen and dance to," Camila explained with a small smile.

"Oh, uh," Lauren paused. "I don't know."

"You're making this whole getting to know you thing difficult, you know."

Lauren laughed. "Well you're not missing much."

"I really doubt that," Camila whispered against the girl's neck. Running her lips against Lauren's pale shoulder, she placed soft kisses. When she continued doing so along her neck, Lauren hummed in approval.

"Come on, talk to me. Say whatever comes to mind," Camila said.

"Marian Hill," Lauren replied as she closed her eyes again.

"Who's that?"

"Not who exactly, more of what. I like their music."

"I've never heard of them."

"Neither did I until a couple months ago. It was love at first listen."

A light chuckle escaped through Camila's lips.

"I feel the same about Ed Sheeran," she said with a gentle lilt in her voice.

"That name sounds familiar, but I don't know any of his music. What's it sound like?" Lauren asked curiously.

The smaller girl hummed quietly to herself as she thought. "Half of his music is like a soft cloud in the sky, while the other is a storm. Lightning, thunder, rain, the whole shebang."

Lauren inhaled a deep breath that seemed to reach everywhere in her body. She felt so calm in that moment. "You make it all sound beautiful."

"That's because it is. I described it that way because it's what I feel when I listen to it," Camila spoke through gentle kisses. "Guess we'll have to introduce one another to our music tastes."

Lauren lifted her head and smirked. "Show me yours and I'll show you mine."

"It's a deal," Camila whispered, giggling under her breath.