Signals: Part 6 (END)

Everyone knew Karina was playful, and especially towards Winter. She loved messing with her, playing harmless pranks and teasing her. She had always been expressive, and almost never hid her feelings. Being best friends for a decade before they started dating, Winter was used to it. Of course, sometimes she got annoyed, but it was Karina; and she knew the girl knew her boundaries well.

Winter, on the other hand, had a different type of humour. She loved to mess with Karina too, even if it was in a different way. While Karina played childish pranks, or would want to do silly things together, Winter liked to pretend she didn't want to play along on purpose just to annoy her. She could see why Karina loved teasing her so much, because the girl reacted just as cutely when she sulked.

This time though, Winter may have went a little too far because they were at a gathering with all of their friends, Giselle and even Ning Ning, for Yeji's housewarming for her new place. Ning Ning eventually got to know Yeji when the girl had joined them for dinner and they all started to hang out together. After having dinner that Yeji had cooked for them and watched movie, their friends were having a chat in the kitchen and Karina was standing with her on Yeji's small balcony. She wanted to take pictures together and Winter deliberately made herself look unamused in the pictures.

Karina laughed at first before hitting her shoulder playfully, saying, "Hey, come on, can you smile?"

Winter looked away from the camera this time, earning herself a sigh before her girlfriend put down her phone, her smile completely gone.

"Okay, that's fine," Karina muttered, her tone no longer amused and she turned away from Winter.

Realizing she went too far this time, Winter immediately caught her by her wrist before she left. Her girlfriend rarely got upset at her over something like this. "I'm just messing with you! Okay, let's take a proper one."

Not looking back at her, Karina replied flatly, "No, don't force yourself."

Not wanting to let the girl leave, Winter pulled her back gently by her wrist until her girlfriend was facing her again. "Hey. I was just playing."

"Okay. Can I go now?" Karina raised an eyebrow, pointedly looking at the wrist Winter was holding on to.

She could feel the tension from her upset girlfriend now, and before their friends caught on, she pulled her hand to find a more private setting. Karina followed quietly. Winter made her way to Yeji's empty guest room and pulled them in, locking the door, before facing Karina again.

She could tell Karina was was actually hurt by her rejecting a proper photo and felt really bad. "I'm sorry, please don't be like this?"

That may have been the wrong choice of words because now Karina was mad.

"Like this? You keep playing like that. Is it that fun? Am I supposed to not feel bad when my girlfriend keeps acting like she doesn't like doing things with me? I can't even tell when you're joking sometimes. If you don't want to certain things with me, then fine. Seriously, don't force yourself—" Karina stopped, clenching her jaw and taking a deep breath. She wiggled her hand to try and pull away again. "Now, let me go."

Thankful that Karina wasn't pulling away too hard, Winter kept her hand around her wrist. She was a little taken aback because she had not expected Karina to be this upset, and shocked at herself for not realizing why she might be. They had been together for years now, she didn't think Karina could get upset over this. She wondered how long the girl had been keeping this in.

Frowning at her, Karina tugged at her held hand again. "Aren't you going to let go?"

She shook her head at that, making her girlfriend scowl. "Come on, I'm really sorry."