[23]

There was a fine silence that filled the dark room. No words were spoken for a while, making the silence eerie for anyone who dared enter the scene.

Minho and Sr. Geon became pensive once Jean shared his thoughts on the situation Chan and Minho fell into.

Both of them spared a look at Jisung, but this time analysing every perfect feature this one has from birth.

Minho's eyes remained glued to him, but Sr. Geon's returned to the undercover agent. 

Sr. Geon is a smart man. It doesn't take him long to notice certain things and behaviours in unexpected situations. However, this time his expression was impassive. His brain couldn't make the connection as to why Minho had special treatment towards this guy. It was like a puzzle to him. It made no sense.

That guard position Minho is very well known for hadn't fallen not even for a second since he entered the walls of the company. He seemed to be guarding Jisung like a type of gem or prince that could be stolen if he blinked. Truly unbelievable.

After some thinking, Sr. Geon understood right there that following Jean's plan would fit best.

"What do we know about this Han Jisung?" Sr. Geon wondered for himself. His eyes were semi-closed. He seemed very attentive to Minho's behaviour, but he was not waiting for a prompt reply.

But as if on cue, Minho started to recite Jisung's profile. From the most insignificant information to the most complex one.

He narrated every single detail about the blue-haired boy as if he knew him from years back, and most importantly, as if he had received the command to do so. Both people were spacing out and none of them were paying attention to the other one.

Sr. Geon had to wave his hand for this one to stop talking. There was nothing relevant about Han Jisung that interested him, but the fact that Chan was attracted to this one, the same as his deadly weapon.

So, he said, "Alright, alright...for now let's follow Jean's plan..."

Minho's ears perked up. He immediately turned to his boss.

"Excuse me, sir... What did you just say?"

His boss repeated his words, making a long and silent sigh left Minho's chest, also his shoulders slightly dropping from pure relief.

"Yes, sir... I'll do my best." That sudden relief drowned Minho inside, but he was careful not to show it too much, or else, his boss would notice it.

As if he hadn't already.

Sr. Geon didn't bother to point it out. He considered the matter useless. As long as he gets what he wants, the process to get it doesn't matter. The outcome of it yes.

"We'll need to make some changes to the initial plan for now. Give Jean and me some time to arrange everything before you go back to that house."

"Yes, sir." Minho bowed his head politely as this one kept on explaining.

"The way I see it, this guy here will be of crucial need in this mission, so...Minho you need to stick to him 24/7. Befriend him as much as possible, gain his trust and confidence, and get information about Chan through him... He'll be the key between you and what I want..."

While Sr. Geon continued talking and explaining what one of the new modifications would be taking the initial plan, Jean examined Minho attentively.

Minho kept approaching and approaching Jisung's side until his hand touched the other one. He was not even sure if he was aware that he'd be sneaking out of that house in further weeks, but he kept nodding his head while receiving orders.