Uncovered Secrets and Quinces

A week. Their birthday was a week away. And they were planning a year in advance (and even before that), it didn't make it any less stressful. It was arguably going to be the biggest party the Madrigals had thrown, well…ever. And they wanted only the best for the two sets of triplets. Even more perfect than the first time. It had to be. For once, perfection had to be.

The family was frantic. Or rather, the adults were frantic. Especially Alma. She was the main one pulling everything together. Thank God she had Pedro, because if she didn’t, she would’ve had a stroke, or a stress-induced heart attack. Right now, her biggest priority, besides her family of course, was the party. Everyday she got up for the past two weeks, she was making sure everything was in order. On top of helping the boys with perfecting their dance for their mother, she also put herself in charge of helping with decorations. Granted it wasn’t very hard, but with everything else, she pretty much had her hands full.

Pedro was busy too. He was basically running errands with Bruno, picking up the dresses and suits, the hats and tiaras, among other things. Bruno was a big help, and he somehow managed to keep it together. He basically forbade himself from having visions all that week, not that he really had the time. His father was pulling him along, and then occasionally he helped Julieta. Pedro always made sure no one was stressed as well…including himself, somehow.

Julieta was planning food. Preparing different things in advance, buying more food. Thankfully, she had the cake design ready. She was making all of the food the day before, and then would spend just about the rest of the day on the cake. She had no time for much else, aside from eating, sleeping and checking in on her kids, niece and nephews. She sent out baskets of arepas for the town, but that was just about it. Agustin was the biggest help, doing everything in his power between the planning he was helping Alma with. This was the first time in years where she was in the kitchen for most of the day; of course, she wasn’t pressured into it this time.

Pepa was excited. Happy. Stressed, but happy. She was pretty much preparing herself for the upcoming event. Along with Felix, she was in charge of the kids. Basically helping them with last minute preparations, getting ready for the actual day. Usually, Pepa would be streaming; and yes, she did storm a few times, but she was keeping it under control. Felix was honestly her rock, and a rock for the kids too. They were just as excited, if not more so, but there was still the stressful thought of things going wrong.

But everything was going great. Only a week away.

The table was full of talk and chatter as the family at dinner that night. The smell of slow-cooking food wafted from the kitchen, evidence of Julieta previously already beginning the food for the next that earlier that night. The kids rambled about what was going to happen in just the next day. Everything was ready, everything was set, and now they just had to wait. Of course, they didn’t want to, but it was just too exciting.

“There’s gonna be so many people!” Isabela beamed, taking a bite of her food.

“I can’t wait to see Mariano and his family,” Luisa commented, chewing through her roll. “I heard Catalina was super excited, and she wanted to wear a special dress that she had gotten just for the party.”

“Tia, are you going to make all of our favorites?” Camilo asked, leaning to look at Julieta. The woman laughed, nodding at her beloved sobrino.

“Of course Camilo,” she said, waving her fork. She smiled as she looked towards, quirking one of her eyebrows. “Every year you ask, and every year it’s the same answer.”

“And every year I will keep asking and be happy with said answer,” Camilo smirked, stuffing a bite of corn into his mouth.”

“You’re not safe tio,” Dolores whispered, and Bruno’s eyes widened as he looked at his niece. They were still doing that, huh?