Chapter Forty Five

Start from the beginning

"The first born comes when they want to," Mulan told him. "It's the deliveries after that can be quick. When I had Lonnie, we almost didn't make it out of the car before she was born."

"...And that was more information than I wanted to know," Jay said.

"Yeah mom I'm with Jay on that one," Li'l Shang said.

Mulan shook her head. "Jay, just focus on getting Lonnie to the hospital safely and we'll all meet you there."

"Sounds good," Jay said and the call disconnected.

"Okay, sounds like we need to get this show on the road," Shang said as Mulan handed him back his phone; having ended the call with their son.

Mushu sniffed and dabbed his eyes with a handkerchief that seemed to have come from thin air. "My little baby's all grown up and becoming a grandmother! Oh I'm so proud!"

Mulan shook her head. "Come on Mushu, let's get into the car."

"Right behind you Mulan! Hey, do we need the lucky bug?"

"It might be best if we leave any bugs out of the hospital," Shang said as he held the door open for Mulan.

"You may have a point," Mulan nodded and slid into the car. Closing the door once Mushu had darted in, the three of them made their way to Auradon General Hospital. In all honesty, Mulan found herself wishing that Lonnie could have been closer to home when she had her child so they wouldn't have to take such a long car ride but she understood why they had moved to Auradon City.

It would make Jay's commute a lot easier now that he was Queen Mal's advisor.

Not that it made Lonnie's commute any less important but after Lonnie told her team that she had to take time off because of her pregnancy and her child, the team immediately got to work breaking ground and building a training pavilion in Auradon City so Lonnie had the resources to stay sharp. Her coach had even joked that once her kid was old enough, Lonnie could bring them to train at the pavilion if Jay hadn't ensnared them with Tourney by that point.

"We're here," Shang said and pulled Mulan out of her thoughts. "You go to Lonnie, Mulan. I'll park the car and be right up."

"Okay...should I leave Mushu out here with you?"

"You think I'm going to stay out here while your daughter gives birth? What kind of a guardian would I be if that happened?" Mushu asked as he quickly made his way to rest on Mulan's shoulder. "Besides, you didn't let me attend the elopement so you owe me!"

"I believe Lonnie temporarily banned you because of how you reacted to my and Shang's engagement," Mulan said, shaking her head as she made her way into the hospital.

"Hey I fixed you two up!"

"And yet that doesn't change the fact that you had previously worked to break us up." Mulan said as she walked over to the welcome desk. "Hello, can you please tell me what room my daughter's in?"

"Sorry, we can't give out the information of patients in private rooms," the nurse working the desk said. "If you don't have it, you'll have to wait here."

"Wait here?! Do you know who she is?" Mushu exclaimed. "This is the woman who saved China singlehandedly and if she wants to know what room her daughter's in, then you're going to tell her. Now! Before I have to do to you what I did to the Huns' hawk!"

"Mushu, behave," Mulan said but turned back to the woman, who now had her eyes wide in both realization and slight panic. Though whether it was at the fact that she was talking to the savior of China or that she was being threatened by a portable dragon was unclear. "But he is right, I would like to not be held up knowing where my daughter's room is. I understand you have your policies, and if this was any other circumstance I'd be one hundred percent on your side. However, you are keeping me from my daughter."