I don't have the same mindset as him. I think that everybody has a different mindset for everything. But mine is to defend someone who needs help no matter how she or he treats me.

-No, dude. I won't walk away when I see someone being bullied

-Have some respect for yourself man... Look how he treats you

-It doesn't matter

-It does

-No

-Yes

-No

-Yes

-What would you do if you saw someone being bullied like that? Would you ignore that?

-It depends if he is an a*shole to me or not

-Yeah no, it shouldn't work that way, Émile...

-I am not as nice as you are, bro

-Not as tall either

-Shut up man...

I am laughing and I am ruffling his curly brown hair aggressively because why not, I love to tease him. That is true, Émile is short. I might be two heads taller than him.

We are both going to our lockers and grabbing our books. I am getting ready for math and my best friend is leaving me earlier than before, because he has to hurry to reach the fifth floor before the bell rings. As I get into the classroom, people are all rushing to scatter from me with disgusted faces. My friends are looking at them and then taking a quick look at me. The teacher is arriving in the class and seems to not have seen any of that. I am thinking about Michael, who hasn't even thanked me for having defended him. It kind of hurts. But I know what bullying feels, and even more, how trouble feels. And nobody shall meet this feeling. I am glad I at least tried to get him out of it. Oh crap, I am feeling so sleepy... So so sleepy... I barely hear anything right now, and my eyes are so heavy...

-Alexei...

I am hearing fingers snapping and I open my eyes, fastly. My teacher caught me sleeping.

-Yes, Mister?

-I'd like to talk to you, after class, okay?

-Oh okay

He is giving me my math exam and I am looking at the result. 30 out of 100? Oh shoot. It has been my third time that I didn't pass an exam. In almost a month. I am feeling so discouraged right now... Oh my gosh and Vicky who didn't text me for the night, either this morning ... I can't even focus on what is happening on the board. I am just thinking about my reputation, getting bullied 24/7 by the whole 8th grade students classes and might not have any chances with Vicky. Oh no, and what about my grade huh? If my dad finds out about it, I will have to say bye bye to life and prepare my grave already. One hour is long, very long and it really pisses me off to not be able to focus again.

-Don't forget to bring your ruler for next class, you all

I am seeing my classmates standing up, pushing their chairs and leaving the classroom. Some are wishing him a great afternoon, some not. Depending on their mood and energy, surely. I am laying my head on my desk, because I am feeling extremely tired and the teacher is closing the door after there is no one in the classroom. He is clearing his throat and starts by:

-I would like you to stand up, Alexei...

I am then doing what he asks me to do and tells me:

-I hope you are not wondering why you are here, Alexei...

No I don't, if it can reassure him.

-I am not...

I am scratching my eyes to wake me up.