Chapter Fourteen

Icarus POV

I sat beside Lucas as he rambled on endlessly about nothing. None of us seemed to mind though. Raul had one hand on the wheel of his black Mercedes, the other resting on his knee. And every so often he would glance at Lucas in the rear view mirror and smile slightly. They were such a cute couple, Raul was so big and scary, and Lucas looked like a middle schooler. I guess I had no room to talk I looked like a kitten compared to Zaikai's panther.

We were on our way to the mall. Before we left Zaikai made me change into clothes that hid every single part of my body. Possessive much? I didn't mind though, we ran out of shampoo and conditioner so this would be a good time to get some.

We parked a ways away, which made me and Lucas groan out in displeasure.

"Why do you have to park so far away every time?" Lucas grumbled out, slamming his head against the back of Raul's seat.

"Because baby it's safer to park away, for you and the car,"

"You and this stupid car! Next time drop me off at the entrance," Lucas jumped out the door and slammed it shut, causing Raul to wince slightly.

"I better go get him before his powers get out of hand," Raul jumped out of the car and jogged to Lucas's little form.

I placed my hand on the door knob to go catch up to those two, but froze when I heard a rumbling hiss. "Don't you open that door Icarus, that's my job."

I moved my hand off, then gently clasped both of them together in my lap. Sitting there stiffly I watched Zaikai step out of the car then opened my door for me.

"Thank you," I muttered shyly as I clasped his outstretched hand and stepped out.

When I tried to pull my hand away, Zaikai pulled me closer and wrapped his hand around mine possessively.

"You stay close to me, I don't want anything to happen to you." he scolded, while we walked towards the entrance.

"Of course mister bossy pants," I giggled playfully at his cute grin.

Zaikai opened the door for me, I gust of wind from the door caused stray hairs to escape from my braid. I pushed them softy out of my face and stepped inside.

Raul had Lucas pushed up against the window. Eating each other's faces out as little kids stared in wonder. they probably have never seen a guy kiss a guy before.

"You guys done yet, you're kind of scaring people here," Zaikai said loudly, wrapping an arm around my shoulders to pull me close.

They pulled away at his voice. Lucas cheeks were stained pink, and Raul had a dazed lust look on his face

"Let's go inside," Lucas said quietly, one of the rare times he wasn't so loud.

Zaikai nodded his head and followed the pair in the mall. Tons of people crowded the wide area, talking loudly to their friends to be heard. I willingly stayed close to Zaikai this time, way to much people for me.

"Hey Lucas, can you show us a hair place of some sorts that sells all that stuff? We ran out of shampoo and conditioner back home." I felt Zaikai's arm tighten around me as I said those words, I didn't know why though.

"Of course! There's one just coming up actually!" Lucas said excitingly. I laughed softly I loved this kid already. He was so positive about everything, and a sweet aura surrounded him.

We followed Lucas to the hair place,when I stepped inside it smelt like what a prostitute would use for their perfume.

Everyone covered their noses,"lets just go to a hair place in the magic district." Raul suggested.

I popped up a his words. I have never been in the magic district before, Aegeus wouldn't let me. It was a regular shopping place except for supernaturals.

"Let's go!" My eyes wide in excitement as I looked up at Zaikai pleadingly.

He looked down at me for a moment, then pinched the bridge of his nose, "alright let's go."

We took the elevator down to the basement. When the doors opened I couldn't help a gasp of wonder. Tons of creatures littered the area in masses. We followed Raul through the crowd, and I noticed Zaikai let his aura lose.

Everyone seemed to just part out of the way for us, which was a little embarrassing. I knew Lucas felt it to when he looked down at his feet.

We came up to a small shop in the back of the district, poppies seemed to grow endlessly out of the flower pots. And the air surrounding it smelt fresh and sweet.

We went inside, Zaikai and Raul had to duck there heads a little bit to enter. I little slip of a lady was putting stuff on the shelves as we entered.

Brown eyes looked up and down at us,"welcome do you need any assistance finding anything?" She asked politely.

"Actually yes,"Zaikai spoke up "we need just some common hair products."

Her eyes lit up, "yes of course right this way."

We followed her to one shelf completely dedicated to the hair. "If you need anything else please come get me." She smiled nervously then left.

I picked up one of the bottles directly in front of me, and popped the cap off it smelt like lavender. Good enough for me I thought and looked for its twin.

"Ah ah," Zaikai said.

"Yes?" I asked looking up at him.

He held two large bottles in his hands, "we are getting these ones."

I put my bottle back and reached up For one of his. He gave it to me as I popped the cap off and smelt it. The scent of roses wafted up to my nose.

I turned it over to look at its price. $50.00 was scribbled on the back in magic marker.

"No way Zaikai, that's way to expensive for shampoo." I tried to put the bottle away but he snatched it out of my hands.

"I want to get it for you,"he said innocently. He was up to something.

"Fine, but if my hair turns red I'm going to be very upset." I grumbled out and walked to the cash register.

Zaikai payed in cash then all four of us left the store.

"So what's next?" Zaikai asked.

"Well," Lucas said evilly, "we could go to the sex shop right over there."

And there it was as clear as day a sex shop. My cheeks turned red.

When I said no everyone else said yes. In the end I got carried across the way to the store.

I'm never going shopping with Lucas again.