✯ 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ✯

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" he asked, trying to grab her arm but she was darting around too quickly. 

"I think she wants to hurt me," Daisy cried out, fear so strong it made her body physically throb. "Where did she go!?"

She ran back into the bathroom to check the bathtub again, but collapsed into a sitting position on top of the toilet lid, slumping back against the wall. She couldn't remember the last time her head hurt this bad. 

"Calm the fuck down!" Tom growled, pacing into the bathroom. "I'm going to leave if you have another fit."

A cold draft swept in, causing the hysterical girl to shiver. Her head swivelled to the window which had flown open, causing a frigid gust of air to blow in. She didn't remember ever opening the window. 

"Did you open that?" she whispered, asking Tom. 

"Er..." Tom struggled to recall. "I guess I must have. Do you honestly think someone snuck in through the window? You must have been sleepwalking or something."

"It felt so real," Daisy whispered, running a hand through her hair. "I swear it wasn't a dream. But how could she have followed me?"

"Who are you talking about?" Tom demanded, deciding he had enough with all the mystery. 

"Nothing," Daisy sighed, the experience feeling less and less like it had happened. "Never mind."

"Are you okay to leave in 10 minutes?" Tom asked hesitantly, not wanting to push her too hard in her current state. He then realised how ridiculous he was being and reiterated, "Stop being so dramatic and pick yourself up, Kennedy. We're out the door in 10."

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

Daisy had a harder time remembering the way to the neighbours house that morning and apologised when they arrived a little later than they had said they would. 

The elder lady ushered them inside and brought them to her living room where they sat in brown plush couches. 

"You should probably know my name," the woman said. "I'm Amelia."

"Thank you for helping us, Amelia," Daisy smiled at her sincerely. "I really appreciate it."

"Where should I start? Ah, yes, you're mother came here one day," the woman said. "She was awfully frightened, the poor thing. It was only a few years before her death, and she told me she was terrified of her own sister. That Agnes seemed unhinged, and she would have violent outbursts that hurt more people every time they happened."

"I remember my father saying that my mother died on a trip back home. That was wanted to visit her sister because they hadn't been in contact for years and she was worried. But he never knew the details of her death," Daisy recalled, starting to feel numb. 

"Yes, your mother wanted to see whether Agnes had gotten better over the years. That girl was always a bad seed, meddling in black magic much too dark for any human. It mutated her powers beyond recognition. And within a week of staying her, Candace was sure that Agnes was worse, much worse."

"How did this thing get passed on to me?" Daisy cut in, anxious to know the answer that had been eating away at her the entire night. 

"I'm getting there," Amelia said curtly. "Be patient."

"I remember her face like it was yesterday. The looks of an angel. Just like you," the lady smiled sadly at Daisy. "She told me that she was brewing a potion which may inhibit the functions of Agnes's power. That may dampen it entirely. She told me she was going to try and slip it in Agnes's food that evening, and that I should be on stand by in case anything went wrong."