✯ 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ✯

Start from the beginning

Her eyes landed on an old lady who looked so ancient that she felt incline to give her a walking stick or some kind of support. She held a bouquet of flowers and a basket of fresh buns. She looked like a kind woman, so Daisy approached her. 

"Excuse me," she said softly, catching the woman's attention. "I'm a little lost, do you mind if I ask you some questions?"

"Of course dear," the woman smiled kindly. "This town is more confusing than it appears. I thought you would know that by now though, since you've been here for so long."

"What do you mean?" Daisy's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "I've only been here for less than a day."

"Oh don't be silly, Candace!" the older female chuckled. "I won't fall for your little games again."

The witch's blood seemed to run cold at the name the woman had called her. Exhilaration started running through her veins at the first lead she'd found. She decided to play along. 

"I'm sorry," Daisy smiled hesitantly. "I should have known you were too smart for my tricks. Do you know where I live? And do you know my sister?"

"Of course I know where you live! And of course I know your–" the woman exclaimed, but then a memory seemed to come to her and she frowned. "No....no no no."

"Are you okay?" Daisy pressed, starting to feel unnerved at the change in the lady's behaviour.

She reached out a hand to press it comfortingly on her shoulder but the woman shrank back in what seemed to be fear, the flowers falling out of her hands. 

"How are you alive?" the woman croaked in fear. "Did Maeve really do it? How? HOW?!"

Daisy started to back away, confused by what the woman was saying but not wanting to scare her any further. Other villagers were now hearing the commotion and were starting to stare, so Daisy quickly exited the scene, heading to the entrance of the cafe to wait for Tom. 

As she waited, her eyes detected a movement by an alley leading into the residential area. She narrowed her gaze and caught it again, a shadow flickering by the wall, ringed in a darkness that seemed to call to the girl. 

She completely forgot about Tom and started following the shadow, having the nagging feeling that this was another lead. As she walked down the alley, she thought back to the woman's reaction to her words.

It seemed as if the woman had started to freak out at the mention of Maeve, her mother's sister. Was it Maeve that Daisy got her powers from? Did Maeve cause havoc in this village? She had no idea. 

The shadow made a quick left turn and Daisy followed in suit, trying not to feel crazy at the idea of what she was doing. She came to a wall on the left end of the residential houses, a place her and Tom had just came to 30 minutes ago. A path ran all along the village and seemed to be cut in half by this wall for no reason. 

The shadow disappeared under the wall and disappeared into the woods beyond. 

Daisy huffed in irritation, deciding that it had all been a trick of the light and she had walked somewhere completely useless. But just in case, she needed to see if there was anything over that wall.  

Before she was able to decide how to do that, she was violently spun around to see an angry Tom Riddle looming over her. 

"What the bloody hell are you doing running off like that?!" he demanded, his breaths coming short as if he had ran here. "You can't just disappear like that, Kennedy."

"Were you worried about me?" Daisy teased, finding amusement in his anger. 

"It's entirely inefficient to split up when we have no means of contacting each other," was all he said in reply. "What are we even doing here?"