1:

Mariah Thompson

"I can't get her this weekend, I got somewhere to-"

"Ok." I cut him off, not wanting to hear his excuses

I walked through the grocery store on the phone with my child's father. He was supposed to be picking our daughter up from daycare and keeping her this weekend, but of course he has something more important at the last minute.

"Don't be like that, you know if I could I would."

"I don't care Dorian, I said ok." I picked up my daughter's favorite fruit snacks and placed them in the basket

"Yeah, but why you had to say it like I'm a bad dad?"

"Apparently you feel that way." I scrolled down the aisle

"I do what I have to do, Ry."

"Exactly. You do what you have to do. Which is just enough so you don't hear my mouth or yo' mom's."

"And how's that a problem?"

I scoffed, hanging up on him.
I don't have time for Dorian today.

I put my phone in my pocket and continued shopping. I quickened my pace considering the fact I now have to pick my daughter up from daycare by  6pm and it's now 5:15pm.

My phone rang so I took it out of my pocket and answered. It was him calling again.

I answered, but never placed the phone to my ear "I'm grocery shopping, Dorian. Goodbye." I ended the call, this time blocking him because he'll keep calling back

Dorian and I got together our sophomore year in high school. He was the neighborhood's doughboy and I was the shy schoolgirl. Perfect love story, huh?
Wrongggg.
We broke up about a year and a half ago. We began arguing all the time over the smallest things, I unintentionally started flirting with a coworker, he cheated, and that was the final straw. We parted ways and agreed to never speak to each other again, buuut I found out I was pregnant and now we're coparenting a beautiful 1 year old.

*

"Say hi to daddy, Sky." I said, seeing Dorian on my couch as I entered my house

" I said, seeing Dorian on my couch as I entered my house