5

"Police! Don't move, drop your weapons, and put your hands up" Out of nowhere, Seungcheol's voice echoed throughout the warehouse. The man cursed out loud and Mingyu took it as a chance to tackle the man in front of him. The gun flew off from the man's grip, and Mingyu blew a few punches to the man's face.

As if it was a trigger, someone released a shot and it grazed his shoulder. It made him get off from the man, blood starting to seep through his shirt.

"Mingyu!" Jeonghan screamed from behind him. The sound of guns shooting took over the situation. Mingyu tried to ignore the sting on his shoulder as he saw the man that he had punched get on his feet, wiping the blood at the corner of his lips.

The man cursed at him as he swung his hand right to Mingyu's abdomen. He staggered back from the impact, heaving hard. Jeonghan struggled to get free but with his condition, he was barely able to get on his feet. The tears formed in his eyes as he saw his husband fighting the man right in front of him.

Out of the blue, he could see someone run towards him. The young-looking man immediately knelt down beside him, putting one of his hands on his shoulder.

"Mr. Jeonghan, don't worry, I'm with the police. I'm going to get you out to safety first." He said as he tried to help Jeonghan to stand up.

"But my husband..."

"We need to get you out first..."

Bang!

"CHAN!" Someone yelled from afar, calling the man's name.

Jeonghan could see the man's eyes widen. Blood slowly dripped out from his mouth.

Bang!

Another shot was heard.

"Mingyu! No, no! Mingyuu" Jeonghan screamed as he saw his husband's body slowly fall down to the ground but he was stopped mid-track by someone and felt something sharp being stabbed into his body. He looked down to see a knife on his stomach. Before he could process what was going on with himself, the man in front of him also fell to the ground.

"Jeonghan... Yah, Yoon Jeonghan."

He couldn't make out who was calling him. His knees hit the pavement, his hand tried to hold the pain. His eyes could barely see his husband struggling to drag himself on the ground, wanting to get close to him.

"Hannie, jagiya... hey... stay... Stay with me, love..." Mingyu tried to utter words under his breath. One of his hands reaching out to hold Jeonghan's hand.

"Jeonghan, you're bleeding..." Jeonghan's ears start to ring, his eyes slowly starting to lose his vision. He felt like the whole place was spinning around him.

"Mingyu... I'm sorry..." Jeonghan mumbled.

"Someone, get the ambulance for me"

That was the last thing he could hear before he succumbed to the darkness.

*****

"Mingyu-yahh..." Jeonghan called out his name. He was sitting comfortably on their bed, his hand playing with the pen. He showed a list of names on a paper to him.

"What is this?" He asked as he took the paper from Jeonghan.

Kkuma

Dol

Byeol

"What is this?" His face was obviously confused by the list that was shown to him.

"These are nicknames, dummy," he said, hitting Mingyu's arm softly.

"Nickname for what? You want to adopt an animal?" Mingyu couldn't connect any dots in his brain.

"Yah, nooo. It's a nickname for..." His voice trailed off before continuing to whisper under his breath, "babies"

"Huh? I can't catch it..." He said, trying to figure out what Jeonghan was talking about.

"It's a nickname for babies... Hurry up and choose one" He repeated his sentence, tapping the pen aggressively on the paper. He could feel his cheeks heated up.

"Wait, hold on. Whose baby? What baby?" Mingyu was looking at his husband, mouth wide open slowly understanding him.

"Don't tell me..." Mingyu let out a gasp.

"You're... pregnant... aren't you?" He asked, holding Jeonghan's hand to his chest. His eyes sparkled, waiting for him to confirm his thoughts.

Jeonghan just smiled at him. He took the pregnancy test that he hid from Mingyu and gave it to him.

"Oh my god. You are pregnant! We're having a child" He couldn't hide his excitement. He pulled Jeonghan into his embrace, placing his head on his chest. Mingyu placed a kiss on top of his head.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much. Wow, I can't believe this." Jeonghan broke out from his embrace.

"Hurry up and give a nickname for it." He suddenly scolded Mingyu who was just laughing next to him.

Mingyu looked back at the paper and finally made up his decision.

"How about... Byeol?" He suggested, pointing at the name on the paper.

"Why did you choose that?" Jeonghan asked him.

"Just like the stars in the sky, just as glorious bodies of light brighten the night sky, so too will the baby shine bright in our life," Mingyu explained to him.

" I like that. Let's call it Byeol." Jeonghan agreed to him.

"Byeol ah.. This is Papa's voice." He said, placing his hand on his flat stomach.

"Hi Byeol, this is your Appa. Grow well, our little star. We will wait for you. One day, you will live with us and when you grow up, we can go on vacation like what your Papa always dreamed of and do anything you like" Mingyu said his wish, placing his own hand on top of Jeonghan's.