1

2 years ago, Jeonghan understood the consequences he would face before he said "I do" to his now-husband, Mingyu. That was not only because of the nature of his job as an attorney of a well-known established firm in South Korea, but also being the son-in-law of the firm's owner. His life was surely envied by many, but he knew his husband would protect him even when the hell broke loose.

And also as long as he doesn't cause any trouble...

Or as long as trouble doesn't find him...

"Hey pretty, you know the baby shouldn't watch this kind of thing..." Jeonghan turned around to look at Mingyu who just walked out from his home office. He approached him who was sitting comfortably on the living room's couch while watching the TV. The sound of gunshots and vivid scenes of people fighting were played on the screen. Mingyu immediately took the remote control and changed the channel.

"Hey, I was watching that." Mingyu faced his whining husband and placed a kiss on his temple. One of his hands was placed on the growing stomach.

"Byeol ahh, did you get scared, my star?" Mingyu changed his tone to talk to the living presence inside the stomach. "That's okay, Papa is here to protect you."

"I'm just training our little star to be strong," Jeonghan said as he slowly caressed his big bump. "He would grow up smart, independent, and amazing like his Papa but..." He paused for a while before continuing his words "I just wish for one thing that he won't take from his Papa."

"What is it?" Mingyu asked as he snuggled his head on the crook of his neck.

"Being a clingy big puppy." He replied, his fingers playfully pinching the bridge of Mingyu's nose.

"Hyungg, that hurts. Byeol ah, look at Appa, he is bullying Papa." Mingyu whined, pretending to cry.

"Aigoo, you're such a big baby." Jeonghan shook his head.

"I am your baby." Mingyu pulled Jeonghan closer to him. He rested his arm comfortably on Jeonghan's bump, still being careful not to entirely put his weight on it, afraid it would make him uncomfortable or hurt the baby.

Jeonghan let out a small gasp. "Byeol ah, your Papa wants to take your place. I can't believe I am taking care of two babies here." Jeonghan placed the back of his hand on his forehead, acting as if he was getting tired.

Mingyu just laughed looking at his husband's cute antics. He unconsciously let out a deep sigh. Looking at his growing family, who would've thought he would be so lucky to live this life?

At first, this marriage wasn't even in his life plan. He thought, right after he graduated from university, he would work outside of his family's firm, collecting his own experiences, trying to make his own name and maybe one day, create his own firm but then, during one of his family's dinners, he was introduced to Yoon Jeonghan, the son of SK Electric Co.'s owner – also one of the heir, meaning he also came from one of the most influential family in South Korea. Soon later, their family thought it would be a great idea to unite their family by arranging their marriage but Cupid really did their job right this time.

"What are you thinking about?" Jeonghan's voice brought him out of his thoughts.

"I'm thinking about how lucky I am to have you in my life. Not only that, I'm just so grateful that you are willing to let me in your life and now, you're carrying my child. Our child. You made me just the happiest man in the world and I swear, I wouldn't ask for more. Just you, me, and our little star..." He confessed, rubbing Han's palm. His eyes lingered on the ring on Han's ring finger.

"Of course, I would say yes to you. How could I resist the puppy eyes you gave me on the day you went down on one knee? I would be crazy if I were going to say no to you. " Han joked to him. He looked at him. Those same eyes still looked at him with love, like he was the only one he had in his life.

"If it wasn't because of your efforts, I wouldn't fall for you. You are stubborn but it just meant you were someone who is full of determination. You are hardworking, but you also know how to give your time to me despite how busy you are. To conclude it all, you're just too perfect that it's almost ridiculous that someone like you actually exists." Han added, full of sincerity.

"Thank you," Gyu placed a soft kiss on his knuckle. "Hearing that from you just made me feel so warm."

"Well, you know I'm usually not good with words, so take it while you can." Han pulled his hands, but the light blush that managed to creep on Han's light skin caught Gyu's eyes. Han returned to watch the TV that was left on while they were in their moment.

"Aren't you hungry? I could make something for you." He asked the man whose eyes were now glued to the screen.

"I would love some sandwiches right now," Han responded.

"I'll see what we have in the kitchen. I'll be right back" Gyu got up from the coach and separated from the warmth of his husband.

" The top news for tonight, the victims of the money embezzlement case by X Company finally get their justice when Kim & Partners won the lawsuit..." The voice of the female news anchor caught Mingyu's attention as he walked back to the living room with a plate of sandwiches and some apples on the side in his hand. He took a seat beside Jeonghan and just placed it on his lap instead of the coffee table in front of them.

"You've worked hard for this case. I'm glad it's finally over." Jeonghan broke the silence. Mingyu slowly nodded.

"I've done what I could. I'm just happy like the others when they finally got what they deserved," he stated.

"I'm proud of you, my husband." Jeonghan complimented, patting him on his head.

"Thank you, my love." Mingyu smiled at him. It sure does feel great when someone acknowledges your hard work.