2

A few weeks after the success of the lawsuit, his office was never at ease. The firm had received countless of threats, not only it was addressed to him but also to those who had worked and helped him during the case.

It didn't only happen at the firm, somehow the person who was behind this had managed to find his home address. He tried to hide this issue from Jeonghan because he knew he would be worried.

And stress is not what he wanted for Jeonghan to experience during pregnancy.

Knock, knock.

"Come in," He looked up from the papers that he was working on and Seungkwan, his assistant approached him with the same envelope he had seen before.

"Mr. Kim?" He called his name, slowly handing out the envelope.

"Again?" He asked, taking it from Seungkwan's hand.

It was still the same message; "You will meet the end of your life"

"Seriously, they thought this would scare us? They know we can just sue them." Seungkwan scoffed, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Of course we could but we don't know who we are dealing with. One wrong step, then it will be over." Mingyu responded, giving back the envelope to him. "Just throw it all out. How about the others? Are they okay?"

Seungkwan nodded. "Well, they are on alert but so far nothing has happened."

"Well, they better be. Even if nothing happens, for now, still we shouldn't take this lightly." Mingyu reminded him.

"You can go now." He dismissed him.

Seungkwan bowed and walked out of Mingyu's office. He let out a sigh. It felt like he just met with a dead end. He did expect something like this would happen, sooner or later in his life, as long as he's still in this career. He's not going to lie, he's scared. Even if it feels like just a small threat, no one knows what will happen soon.

He took out his phone from the drawer under his table. He unlocked it and immediately searched for the familiar name in his contact. He put it close to his ear and waited for the person on the other end to pick up his call.

"Oh, Cheol hyung? Where are you?" He asked once his call was connected.

" I'm close to your house now. Why? Did anything happen?" Seungcheol was laced with concern.

"Everything is still fine now. Are you visiting Han hyung now?"

"Of course, I'm going to visit my friend. I bought some gifts too. Your son is going to be spoiled by me" He answered, his concern now replaced with excitement.

Mingyu just chuckled. "Hyung, you know what to do right?" His voice suddenly turned serious.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to be that obvious. I've checked the surroundings as well. Everything seems fine so you don't have to worry. You can trust me." Seungcheol convinced him.

"Of course I trust you. Please don't fight with him while you're there. I know both of you can be such a child when you meet each other." MIngyu advised him. He shook his head lightly thinking about the two friends' behavior. Despite him being the younger one than both of them but seeing Seungcheol and his husband together is like seeing twin brothers fighting with each other.

"As long as he's willing to accept my gifts and not nag me for buying so many things, we'll be fineee." He joked.

"Okay, then. I'm going back to work now. Take care of him for me in the meantime, yeah?"

"Hmm, don't worry."

He ended the call and put his phone away. He took a deep breath, trying to calm his mind, and returned to deal with the papers he had read earlier.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.