Chapter 19: Taking a Leap

Start from the beginning

When we got to our seats it was totally deja vu. We were in the fifth row behind the UConn bench. But this time we didn't wave or go say hi. This time we just watched.

Hey this reminds me of where we sat at the Tennessee game.

Hana- shush do you really want to give us up already?

Sorry and the team hasn't came out of the locker room yet.

But as I say that the announcer starts to introduce the teams. They are versing Villanova tonight. So you know that it's going to be a great game to watch. We watched as both teams come running out to their benches. They started to name the starters and we cheered for all of them. We didn't want to make it too easy to be spotted.

We watched them as they get ready for tip off, but the moment that I see Nika. I had a hard time focusing on the game. Like I said It is going to be a great game. And totally hard not to yell at the referees about bad calls.

But I am totally not going to give us away. Part way through I decided to take off my glasses so I could see the game better. Hana also took her glasses off, but I think as long as I keep my hood up I won't be spotted.

In the first quarter, UConn showed Villanova that they are here to win. Nika did not only score 8 points, but she also has two steals. I am so proud of her.

Hana- at least you are not making comments this time?

Do you want me to? Because I can totally start saying my thoughts out loud.

Hana- No I am definitely good with just the cheering.

Are you sure? Because you are the one that brought it up.

Hana- yes I am seriously good.

Okay just checking.

As the game goes on, we got to see some crazy passes from Paige. Some of them are going to be part of basketball history. Azzi has been doing well tonight also. But Villanova is starting to fight back.

This is going to be a fight to the finish. And both teams are starting to make mistakes. They played hard until the end of the second quarter, meaning that it's Half time. That's when we decided to put our hoods down to see if anyone recognized us. Paige and Nika both walked over to Holly Rowe to give the halftime interview.

Holly- Paige and Nika you are on fire. How do you think the rest of the game will go?

Paige- Well we are definitely going to keep on fighting for this win and I know that they will be too.

Holly- what do you think will be the factors in how the last half will go?

Nika- we will have to count the fact that both teams were having trouble this last quarter. So we will definitely need to be more consistent and not make easy mistakes. But one of the biggest factors is the crowd and that is definitely a big advantage to us.

All of a sudden Holly stopped talking, and started to listen to the person on the ear piece. The moment she looked up and made eye contact with me and Hana we know that our cover is blown. But I don't care I am just ready to see Nika's reaction.

Holly- speaking about the crowd and fans. How does it feel to have this champion of a softball player and your sister watching you play tonight?

Nika- I don't know what you are talking about Holly. My sister is supposed to be with her best friend in Illinois.

(Paige noticed us in the crowd, and smiled at us.)

Holly- Well I guess that they came to surprised you. Because they have been sitting behind your bench since the game began. Don't worry Nika we didn't know until now either lol.