The driveway leading up to it is briefly interrupted at the center by the parting for the fountain in front of the house. There's like, a bajillion floors, huge windows on either side of the massive house.

"You like it?"

I look over at him, I never got his name, and nod, "It's beautiful."

He grins slightly as he grabs my suitcase and pulls it behind him, typing a code in on the front door, and I'm almost certain I see men in black suits trying to be discreet around the house but I brush it off, following him in.

The foyer is even more impressive, it's as big as my entire house back in Seattle. It has marble flooring and a staircase at the back that leads upstairs. It has a door on either side of the stairs and one in the back of the room. My brother continues walking, clicking a button on his phone that locks the front door. He leads me into what I assume is the living room and I'm pleasantly surprised, it's massive but its still cozy, I get excited at the huge beanbag chair beside the armchair.

I look over at the young man who drove me here, "Can I sit down?"

He gives me a bit of an unsure smile, "Yeah, of course you can sit down." I don't even catch the confused inflection in his voice as I cautiously settle into the comfortable seat. At the odd look on his face, I realize I must look like an idiot, and I wonder what kind of impression I've made on him. Dodging hugs, and I'm sure I've done something rude in the short time I've been here.

In just under a minute, I make myself impossibly anxious and the beanbag chair feels as though it's swallowing me up, I move to the armchair beside it and sit down, he doesn't say anything about it.

"I'm gonna bring your stuff up to your room, it's the last room at the end of the hallway, then I'll go make you something to eat—"

I cut him off, "I've eaten already." I realize I've cut him off, he seems unimpressed, "Sorry, I didn't mean to cut you off. I already ate."

He frowns, "No need to apologize, tesoro. I'd just prefer you don't cut me off unless it's really important."

Tears well in my eyes, and I dig my nails into my palm, "Sorry," I whisper quietly. He doesn't seem to hear. What the hell is wrong with me. 

"I have to leave for work in a bit, you can watch something on the TV for now, I believe Alessandro should be back before I leave."

"What do you do for work?" I ask, trying to be more cordial than I was before. Scared I'll make a bad impression and they'll kick me out before I can even show them that they have reason to keep me.

"I'm a doctor," He say with a small grin.

He places the TV remote in front of me and brings my bag up to my room.

I hesitate before reaching and grabbing the remote, but just before I can turn anything on, the door opens and 2 people walk in. Just as tall as the first one I met, they seem like giants. Only for now. Until I get taller.

They both have serious expressions on their faces. They look similar to the first boy who looked similar to mom so I'm assuming they're my brothers as well. One of them walk into the kitchen, the other pulls off his black gloves and lays them by the door, never giving me a glance. At first I'm sure he doesn't see me.

"Hello, Madison."

I freeze, the casual greeting catches me off guard, "Hi," I say, mustering as much volume as I can. My throat is hoarse and my ribs are beginning to hurt again.

"I'm assuming your brother dropped you off?" He says, loosening his tie. 

I answer hastily, saying yes, "But I don't know which one."

"Emelio, he is your third eldest brother. My name is Alessandro, your eldest brother."

Everything about him screams money. The professional way he operates, the power he exudes, the intimidation in his expression, the fact that he said 'eldest' instead of 'oldest' or 'he is' instead of 'he's', he's too professional to even use contractions! I remind myself to never get on his bad side.

The one he came in with walks right past me, barely giving me a second glance, when he finally does speak, it's in a clipped tone and not at all what I expected, "Don't sit in that chair."

I freeze to the spot. My heart rate speeds up. I suddenly feel less welcome than I did before. I stand up quickly, clutching my bookbag, the remote clatters to the floor, I panickedly pick it up and set it on the table, "Sorry," I say instantly, my voice cracks. All the calm I seemed to have mustered drains away with every word. "Can I go up to my room," I ask, "Please," I rush out.

They both watch me. Alessandro's eyes narrow slightly but overall his expression remains stoic, the other looks downright alarmed and it makes me want to cry. "You may." The moment the words leave Alessandro's mouth, I hurry up the stairs, forgetting to say thank you and hurry into my room, shutting the door quickly but quietly.

I sink to the floor and put my head in my hands, tears threaten to spill but I try my hardest not to let them. I don't leave my room for the rest of the night.

I haven't even been here for an hour and I've already messed everything up.