Chapter 17 - Goodbye

Jisoo P.O.V.
I open the door and watch as Naeun turns up to look at me.

"Hey sorry, I was wondering if we could talk...

privately" she speaks up and looks behind me.

I turn around and Jenlisa are standing behind me, looking everywhere but at me and Naeun, as if they weren't paying attention to us.

I turn to face Naeun with a sigh, "Yeah, let's go outside"

I step out of the room, shut the door behind me—leaving Jennie and Lisa in there—and head outside with Naeun following me.

We walk through the living room and I wouldn't of realized that Chaeyoung was still there until she cleared her throat.

"Where you guys headed?" Chaeyoung asks

"Outside" I answer her, trying not to express any type of emotion due to the kiss we just shared earlier.

She must be feeling weird about it. Why did I even ask her? Ughhhh

Disregarding my thoughts, I proceed to open the door and step outside with Naeun.

"Do you want to go down? Or just stay in this balcony?" I turn to ask her

"Let's go down" she answers and I nod

I walk along the corridor and down the stairs. Luckily we only live on the second floor, so we don't have to walk tons of sets of stairs down. I head towards the nearest bench with a tree beside it and Naeun follows. We take a seat and both stay quiet, so I decide to speak first.

"So what did you wanna tell me?" I ask her, urging her to talk

"I need your help" she starts

"With?"

"There's this...person I like" she continues and looks up at the sky

I stay quiet, not wanting to interrupt her.

"I've liked them for so long, but I don't think they ever realized it. I was obviously in the way I treated them, with my words, and even the way I looked at them. Everyone knew, except for them" her voice sounds hurt, yet gentle and passionate in a way.

"You should try confessing" I tell her, wondering what type of asshole is this slow.

"I don't know...At first I was going to because I was confident in the way they looked at me, yet there's this other girl that they stare at so lovingly. The way their eyes sparkle, their face glows up, and their smile gets wider by the second. It's just so...obvious that they're in love with that girl. I hate it, but I truly just want her to be happy."

I watch as a tear rolls down Naeun's cheek and she quickly wipes it off.

"It's a girl? You're into girls, Naeun?"

"Yeah..." she answers

"I didn't know that, and she's really that slow? And into another girl? I'm sorry, Naeun. Maybe it's best to move on from her" I tell her

She turns away from the sky and looks at me.

"Yeah, that's why I'm here talking to you"

My eyes widen and I'm utterly speechless.

"Jisoo, was I not obvious enough or am I really not your type?" she asks me and tears start escaping her eyes, while she doesn't even bother to wipe them.

Not being able to mutter out a word, I bring my hand up to her face and start wiping the tears.

"Don't make me fall in love with you when you know you can't reciprocate those feelings" she cries out so I retract my hand

I look at her in the eyes and they express so much pain, yet hope and love mixed together. Was I really so dense?

I muster up energy to speak, "I-I'm sorry"

"Can I..." she starts off

"Hm?" I encourage her to speak

"Can I kiss you?"

My eyes widen again, but calm down in just a second.

"A...goodbye kiss" she smiles bitterly

"What do you mean?" I ask her

"I'm moving to America and this might be the last time I see some of you" she explains, causing my eyes to widen once again

"When are you moving?!" I ask her

"Tomorrow morning, you guys were the last people I came to visit and I wanted to leave without regrets, so here I am" she answers me

"Oh...I'm sorry Naeun. I'm sorry I can't like you back, but I'll grant you the goodbye kiss you want." I tell her

She smiles.

I put some of her hair behind her ear and slowly trace down to grab her chin. I lean into her and she closes her eyes, so I close mine. Our lips meet and she tilts her head as I lead the kiss. I slowly back away and open my eyes. She opens her eyes and a tear rolls down.

"Thank you" she says in such a grateful voice

She stands up and walks away, heading back inside.

I stay seated and let out a sigh. I really didn't know she liked me. And am I too obvious that I like Chaeyoung? Even Naeun realized it. With a sigh, I get up and go inside.

As I open the door, they're all greeting goodbye.

"You're just in time Jisoo, we're about to leave" Soyeon tells me

"Ah, okay okay. Bye guys, stay safe and take care" I tell Yuqi and Soyeon with a hug, and they head out

"I'm also leaving. Bye guys, take care and thank you" Naeun says and I hug her

"Have a safe trip, be happy" I whisper into her ear and then break the hug

She smiles, a real smile this time, and leaves. I close the door behind her and turn around. Jennie and Lisa are standing there with a wide smile.

"What?" I ask them, confused

"Anything you need to tell us?" Jennie asks

"Like what?"

"About you and Naeun" Lisa speaks up this time

"Um, no?" I answer, still confused

"C'mon~ We see her lipstick on your lips" Lisa teases

I wipe my lips with my hand and walk away.

- - - - -

Not really a cliffhanger this time, I think. I just realized Chaeyoung isn't in this chapter, oop. Hehehe hope you guys like the chapter either way. Thanks for reading <3