Chapter 12 - Talk

"WHAT?!" both Chaeyoung and Jisoo yell out loud

"You heard me!" Yuqi replies

I look at Jisoo and she's reaching for the alcohol, but I snatch it away. She gives me a questioning look and I smile.

"We shouldn't get too drunk already, plus the drinks are running out, just go in the closet already!" I make up excuses and Chaeyoung looks at me with disbelief

Jennie and Soyeon stand up and start trying to push Chaesoo in the closet. I stare at Jake and notice his jaw is clenched. Then I turn to look at Naeun, but I can't read her expressions.

Chaeyoung P.O.V.

Jennie pushes me forcefully, and I try stopping her, but this tiny creature is strong.

"Yahh! Leave me alone" I grumble, but she ignores me

She somehow manages to successfully push me in the closet, and Soyeon pushes Jisoo in, right after. They shut the door and I try to open it, but it's already locked.

"I swear, if none of you open this door I'll expose your worst secrets!" Jisoo, next to me, yells

The door doesn't budge and there's no other sound out there. I sigh in defeat and look around the closet. I can't really see much because it's dark, but I can tell the space isn't particularly large or small. I hear Jisoo sigh and my eyes move towards her.

Jisoo P.O.V.

The lights suddenly turn on and Chaeyoung and I make eye contact. My heart skips a beat, making me quickly look away.

Silence fills the room.

I hear some noise and turn back to Chaeyoung. I see her sitting on the floor with her legs pulled close to her chest. For a moment, I debate whether I should sit too, or just keep standing, but she speaks up.

"Sit"

I look at her and she pats the space next to her.

WAIT, WHAT?! NEXT TO HER?!

I hesitate.

"I won't murder you" she jokes, but her tone is very serious that it doesn't even sound like a joke.

I don't move an inch and she mumbles, "Fine, then don't sit here. Knowing everyone else, they'll leave us here for 10 minutes instead of 7. Good luck to your short legs."

I give in with a sigh and sit next to Chaeyoung.

"I knew you would sit, but didn't think it would be this soon" she says, facing me

I face her and she stares into my eyes. I try not looking away as my heart races inside my chest. Chaeyoung, what are you doing? I thought I was supposed to be the nice one...

"Why are you ignoring me?" she asks

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows, confused

"You haven't spoken to me since the day Jennie threw a fork at Lisa" she answers with a hushed voice

I can't manage to stare at her any longer so I turn away.

"Why would you even want to speak to me? Don't you hate me?" I voice out my thoughts

"Hate you?...I know we argue a lot—well, most of it is me—but I don't hate you"

"At least you're conscious of our conflicts and your doings" I mutter

"Yah...I'm trying to be nice here..." she sighs

I stay quiet.

"You still haven't answered my question though" she continues

I can't just tell you it's because I saw you walk in with your boyfriend one day, and I got jealous of the fact that he can call you his, while I can't.

"Can you look at me?" she speaks, breaking me away from my thoughts

I gulp and try my best to ignore her.

"So you're just going to ignore me again?"

...

"Fine" Chaeyoung sighs

A weight is put down on my shoulder and I turn around to see Chaeyoung's head on my shoulder. Her eyes are closed. I've no idea how this is possible because she's literally a giant and I'm tiny, but here we are.

 I've no idea how this is possible because she's literally a giant and I'm tiny, but here we are

(A/N: One of my fav chaesoo pics 🥹)

My heart beats even faster than it already was and I take this time to just stare at her.

My god, she's beautiful.

A strand of her blonde hair falls forward into her face. I slowly move my free hand and tuck the strand behind her ear. Her eyes gently flutter open, and a small smile forms on her face before she closes her eyes again.

At this point, I'm pretty sure she can hear my heart.

In the moment, I can only think about how life would be if Chaeyoung and I were...dating. Hell, I don't even know a thing about this woman, but she's got me wrapped around her finger. All with one simple kiss. I know she has a boyfriend, but sometimes I just wish that she wasn't dating anyone and it'd be only us two...and Jenlisa, sure.

A while passes and we're still in the same position. It's hard to keep my thoughts in control.

"Did you guys kill each other?!" a voice outside says, and I recognize it as Lisa's because it's so cheery and loud

Chaeyoung jumps a bit and I want to glare at Lisa for startling the blonde next to me.

"Chaeyoung?! Jisoo?!"

I sigh, "We're alive, Lisa"

"What?! I can't hear!"

"I said, we're alive!" I yell louder

"Why are you guys so quiet?!" Jennie asks this time

"You should be grateful we're not going for each other's throats!" Chaeyoung replies

"Well soon you will! In a different wa- AH!!! NINI!"

Blush creeps up to my face and I try my best to hide it from Chaeyoung.

"Oh my gosh, I'm gonna kill her" Chaeyoung mutters

"So am I" I agree and she chuckles

"I'm sorry" she apologizes so suddenly

"What? Why?"

"I realize how much of a bitch I was to you" she explains

Why is she suddenly apologizing for this though? It doesn't make sense

"It's alright" I mumble

"It really isn't, let me make it up to you"

"How?"

"With a kiss"

- - - - -

🤭