Chapter ten

Adalynn chuckled and followed Alyssa out the door before walking beside Alyssa to the diner, Alyssa opened the diner door and froze as everyone looked at her with judgment in their eyes. She could feel Adalynn's body heat as she stepped closer to Alyssa.

"Why is everyone looking at me?" Alyssa asked in a low voice. Adalynn placed her hand on Alyssa’s shoulder gently pushing her forward so she wasn't blocking the doorway. Adalynn grabbed Alyssa's hand and began to lead her to a booth.

"This town is for witches, you're a human and they can tell it." Adalynn felt herself jerk to a stop as Alyssa pulled on her hand, Adalynn turned to face her and saw Alyssa looking at her with anger and confusion.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”Adalynn asked, the confusion disappeared from Alyssa's face and all that was left was the anger.

“What do you mean this town is for witches?” Alyssa demanded.

Adalynn rolled her eyes as she started towards the booth hearing Alyssa's footsteps behind her. “Are you deaf or something? I said this town is for witches and you're a human, so what?” She snapped.

Alyssa pulled Adalynn to a jerking stop as she was about to sit in the booth, she spun Adalynn so she faced Alyssa. Alyssa could feel her hands start to shake by her sides from anger as she felt her eye start to twitch, she hissed quietly.

“So what? Like you said I am human so I don't have any powers!”Alyssa said as Adalynn rolled her eyes and pulled Alyssa down in the booth.

“Would you calm down?!” Adalynn demanded “I'm not stupid I know you don't have powers but I do. If something happens I can easily get us somewhere safe.” Adalynn said.

Alyssa opened her mouth to reply just to snap her mouth shut when they heard someone clear their throat, Alyssa and Adalynn looked up and saw a woman with light purple hair and hazel eyes, the woman was looking at Alyssa with fear.

“Her kind isn’t welcome here.” The lady’s voice was firm even as it shook, showing how scared she was.

Alyssa's eyes flashed with anger, standing up feeling her hands start to shake in anger as she looked at the lady, watching as the lady gulped and backed away from her.

“Lady, today is not the best day and i am not in the best of moods, so with them words i will remind you i am paying customer just like you but please if you wish to fuck around and find out, please do.” Alyssa hissed in a quiet manner.

The lady’s eyes went wide in shock before she made a scoffing noise. “You know witches always say humans are rude. Well you just proved them right.” The lady said before turning around and walking away. Alyssa growled, starting to go after her.

Alyssa came to a stop as she felt someone grab her arm, she looked back to see Adalynn holding her arm, Adalynn’s eyes begging Alyssa to let it go. Alyssa pulled her arm from Adalynn’s hand before sitting back down

“Fine, I got a bigger fish to fry like the fact that this is a witch town and I am a human!” Alyssa hissed. Adalynn opened her mouth to reply but was cut off as a waitress came over, placing two menus on the table before pulling out a notepad and pen, Adalynn could see her hands shaking from being nervous as she stared at Alyssa and Adalynn.

Alyssa was too busy glaring at Adalynn to notice.

"H-hello my name is B-Bonnie. W-Welcome to D-Dazzling dinner d-diner, w-what can I get y-you t-to s-start off with, drinks o-or f-food?" Bonnie questioned, stuttering.

Alyssa looked up at Bonnie and gave her a smile. "Drinks would be great to start off with, I would like to start off with a pepsi.”

Bonnie looked up at Alyssa. “Sadly we are out of Pepsi, is coke okay?”
Alyssa sighed softly “Ugh, is anything gonna go right?” She mumbled to herself before looking at Bonnie “just give me whatever she is having.” She pointed to Adalynn, Adalynn gave Bonnie a smile.