xxiv. P.H + J.H

I was sitting at lunch with the boys. Which felt like forever since I've seen them but it really hasn't even been that long. And once again Richie was telling his classic jokes about Eddie's mom.

"Ew this hamburger is dryer than Eddie's mom's v@g1na" he said spitting the burger out. That is actually true. These school burgers are dry as hell.

"Shut up Richie. I don't want to hear that!" Poor Eddie said covering his ears. "Here Richie, you can have my water bottle". I took my water bottle out of my book bag and handed it to him as he downed it like he was dying of thirst. "What's that P for?" Stanley said reaching for my necklace. I grabbed my chain to stop him from grabbing and looking at it.

"It's my old best friend's necklace. She gave me it before I moved away so I wouldn't forget about her. And it says some pretty important and private stuff on the back..." I said lying straight through my teeth. "Oh sorry"
"You're fine"

"W-what's her name?" Bill asked.

Shit. I had to think quickly..

"Pearl.."

"Pearl? Who the hell names their daughter Pearl?" Richie asked after drinking every last drop of water in that bottle.

"She said cause cause when she was born, her parents thought she was so precious. Like a Pearl.."

"Cool! Maybe we can meet her one day" Eddie said.

"Yeah maybe.." HELL NO! I thought to myself. The reason I don't want to tell the boys about Patrick is because that's literally one of their bullies. And they would have a heart attack if they knew. And they would think that I betrayed them. And I would never do that. Those are my best friends. And the only one I told was...

"Beverly?" I said hoping to snap her out of her thoughts. "Oh sorry. That was just a lot to take in". I was at Beverly's house and I was telling her about me and Patrick. Cause right now, she's the only one that feels right to talk to him about. And she always says that me and Patrick would always be a good couple.

"But I called it! I said it a million times"

"Yeah I know. But I never thought that was gonna happen"

"Are you kidding? I saw the tension there between you two ever since the day we met and you had slapped him in the face three times. You guys are meant for each other"

"You really think so?"

"I know so" I smiled and held my chain. I'll see him later at his house.

I knocked on the door and it opened immediately revealing Ms. Hockstetter. "Oh Jade! I'm so happy to see you" she pulled me into a tight hug almost crushing my bones. "It's nice to see you too Ms. H".

"Come into the living room, Patrick will be down in a minute" I sat down and was greeted by Mr. Hockstetter. "Hello Jade"
"Hi Mr. H"

"You know every since you agreed to be his girlfriend I've never seen him happier. Thank you Jade" I smiled. "Your welcome!"

Sure Patrick has a bad reputation in this town but it's not like he wasn't a human being with emotions either. And has needs and wants too. But I'm glad to be there for him.

I hear footsteps and it was Patrick coming down the stairs. He smiled when he saw me and sat next to me on the couch. "Alright I'll leave you two kids alone. And no funny business on my couch! You hear me?"

"Yes we hear you dad" Patrick rolled his eyes as I laughed.

After I got home from Patrick's house. I ate dinner with my family like always, and went upstairs to my room. I decided to go to bed earlier than usual today. I guess I was just really exhausted today. Hanging out with the boys, then Beverly, then Patrick. I washed my face in the sink and when I got back up and looked in the mirror, I could've sworn I saw a red balloon behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked behind me. Nothing was there. No red balloon. I looked back at the mirror and still no red balloon. I think I might be hallucinating...

Not me literally thinking about space song by beach house in my head while writing this. I literally love that song. A masterpiece. 😌👌

And btw, I was going to include the movie in this book but I'm actually going to start a second  book for this book. And after the second book will be the third book when they were adults. So cliffhanger 🤭🤭

🎉 You've finished reading sᴡᴇᴇᴛʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ► 𝙋𝘼𝙏𝙍𝙄𝘾𝙆 𝙃𝙊𝘾𝙆𝙎𝙏𝙀𝙏𝙏𝙀𝙍 🎉